Scott's Addition Development

varunner

QUESTION: What's the status of the Soda Flats? I know construction had stopped but then restarted - and the base for a tower crane was reported in place a couple of weeks ago. However, I haven't seen anything on the WTVR-6 sky cam that looks like anything happening at Soda Flats (no tower crane up yet - no structure rising, etc.) Are things still progressing there? And do we know what's happening with their crane? February is fast approaching and I'm starting to leaf back through all the pix that came in of cranes this month in preparation to put together the February "Richmond in Cranes" update. Just wanted to get a handle on what's happening with this project and find out about their tower crane.

Another story that might slip under the radar - but it's yet another WIN for Richmond. Lancaster, PA-based Fulton Bank is opening it's third metro RVA location - and first IN THE CITY - this time joining a growing group of banks that are moving into Scott's Addition. Fulton is opening its Scott's branch in the western end of the Broad Street retail portion of The Icon (branch will be at 3200 W. Broad). What's more, this will not be just a retail branch - the 5,000 sq ft location will also include both commercial and mortgage operations, according to RBS reporting.

Fulton Bank - which was established in the late 1800 - is the second financial institution to move into the Icon. The Virginia Credit Union is occupying similar space in the eastern-most section in the Broad Street retail portion. Fulton is the latest in a rather impressive number of banks now with branches in Scott's Addition, following Atlantic Union (with a branch in Scott's View), Charlottesville-based Virginia National Bank (branch at 1401 N. Roseneath), and Village Bank (branch located in The Nest, 3117 W. Marshall).

I can't wait to see the same influx of banks opening branches in Manchester, as the population booms there. :tw_thumbsup:

From today's Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2023/02/01/pennsylvania-bank-latest-to-bring-branch-to-scotts-addition/

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

They used to have a large enough presence here to have their name on one of the Stony Point office buildings. It’s still good news but  definitely a smaller total footprint than years past. 

Fulton Bank?

According to RBS they have branches in Stony Point and in Innsbrook. They were also in an office building in Stony Point?

Edited by I miss RVA

2 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Yep - Quick google image search:

image.jpeg.827e0e2cbebe9454a6f669bb3cf936c9.jpeg

NICE!!!

Ruh - rohhhh - methinks we have yet another nominee for this weeks OFFICIAL RVA/UP "YOU DA MAN" AWARD and the prestigious SILVER PORT-A-POTTY trophy!! :tw_smiley:

After a slow start to the week, two nominees today and three in total. :tw_thumbsup:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 1:49 PM, benstyree said:

Every corner of that intersection needs to be redeveloped into mixed use. There should be something 5+ stories on each of those 4 corners. Two gas stations, a crappy CVS and an even crappier Subway are about as far from highest and best use of those parcels as you can get. 

Mind boggling that something hasn't been put on that Subway/Chenellos lot.  Especially with the explosion of SA.

Edited by 123fakestreet
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2023 at 10:53 AM, wrldcoupe4 said:

This will be great, although I’ll miss the buildings they are razing to build it. 

me too - nice old brick. Its a shame they couldnt incorporate some of the old structure into something cool - but I cant argue that its a nice looking building and will probably do well there. Nearby - Its amazing to see how the Brewers Row condos around Hardywood are changing the whole feel around there. We went for some music there not long ago and barely recognized the neighborhood

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rooster said:

me too - nice old brick. Its a shame they couldnt incorporate some of the old structure into something cool - but I cant argue that its a nice looking building and will probably do well there. Nearby - Its amazing to see how the Brewers Row condos around Hardywood are changing the whole feel around there. We went for some music there not long ago and barely recognized the neighborhood

That neighborhood is really transitioning, isn't it? SO cool to see the density starting to materialize there - particularly knowing that even more is to come in the next few years. It's an underrated "hot spot" for growth because Manchester and Scott's Addition tend to get most of the ink (and they'll have to share those headlines in the coming years with the Diamond District and City Center).

• Like 2