Scott's Addition Development

varunner

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hike said:

Sadly, I think that near this project location is where a pedestrian was killed last week.  There was some suggestion that the fencing around the site created an environment where pedestrians were walking into the street, they have since moved the fence back to allow walking on  the side walk.  From the  RTD,  I don't think there's any charges or blame, just unfortunate.

https://www.richmond.com/news/local/crime/richmond-police-identify-homeless-man-struck-and-killed-by-car/article_a9ddf437-e5ac-5514-bb45-f0de6414418e.html

For the life of me, I do not understand why the sidewalks do not extend into the street during construction, like they do in New York.  Seems like an easy change that would make the pedestrian experience much safer.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Was walking through Scott’s addition a few weeks back and thought of how nice green space would be in the neighborhood.

This is a long shot but how great would it be for a parking lot to be converted into a park in the center of the neighborhood.

Heck, if parking is needed (which I know it is in SA), could do an elevated park above a garage.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A shoot and a miss, IMO. 

Im glad that they’ve settled on a branding scheme.   This “ look” embodies all that is offputting about the neighborhood to me though. The colors aren’t vibrant.  It’s design is utilitarian and  not special  (every hood has streets, there’s nothing unique about the layout) and it’s incoherent (what’s the “+” supposed to mean? ). 

It looks like the logo for a muffler shop. 

A bunch of these affixed to poles will just make the area look even more washed out and dated. 

• Like 1

Is the plus sign for “addition” ?  I don’t mind the branding. Font and some shapes isnt going to make or break a neighborhood. I would like to see some more investment from the city on basic structure that would Enhance the pedestrian experience in the neighborhood. Then again, I could say that about almost any neighborhood.

• Like 3

I guess people could argue this is either Scott's Addition or a part of Museum District, but according to Loopnet, pretty much the entire block bound by Cutshaw, Shepperd, Grace and Wayne is on the market.  Nearly 2 acres for $5.5 million.  I imagine someone will snatch it up quickly and it could be an interesting redevelopment project.

Edited by rjp212
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed the blue building next to Buzz and Ned's doesn't have the "For Lease" sign anymore, I wonder if someone finally took it over?

Also, the lot next to Starbucks is on the market. $1.375 Million for .31 acres :blink:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1101-N-Boulevard-Dr-Richmond-VA/15705413/

AND, on Google Maps, Boulevard has already been changed to Arthur Ashe Blvd.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
21 hours ago, rjp212 said:

Scott's Collection 1:  5 - story, 75,000 sf building at 3000-3008 W Clay St with 80 units.  Construction expected to start in 2020.

Scott's Collection 2:  5 -story, 65,000 sf building at 2900 W Clay St with 60 units.  Expected to start at the same time as Scott's Collection 1.

Scott's Collection 3: 220-250 units at 2911 W Moore St, but no mention on size/height.

The location for Collection 1 makes sense.  I could see where maybe the address for Collection 2 is actually at the other end of the 2900 block across from Collection 1, but 2911 W. Moore Street (Collection 3) for a 220-250 Unit building seems way off unless they are talking about replacing the medical supply shop with some serious height!

image.png.e36763bf78dada69c98b540407e94ce4.pngimage.png.e23771bf61edd11645e1e53433920a4d.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...