Scott's Addition Development

varunner

2 hours ago, rjp212 said:

Haven't seen this before.  Looks to be the location of the old Baileys Automotive Insurance. I like it! :good:

7500 sf of ground floor retail space and 23-ish apartments.

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg

Ugly and too short.  They need to take advantage of the TOD zoning there. 

2 hours ago, Brent114 said:

I’m cool with the design too.  I like minimalist Euro style buildings.

I do hate the Broad Street entrance (break in the sidewalk).   Going forward it is never acceptable to have driveway looking cutouts anywhere between Willow Lawn and Church Hill.

I wonder if something forces them to reuse the existing entrances?  It looks like the lot itself is not changing at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha.  2 years ago I put in a request to fix a section of sidewalk near my house.  Two of the squares had gotten to be about 1 foot apart in height, making a tripping hazard and impassible for people on wheelchairs. 

After repeated calls to my city council member, a month or so ago I got a call about it.  They said they couldn't fix it anytime soon and simply offered to demolish those squares of concrete to make the dirt ground level.  A bit infuriating. 

• Sad 1

A lot of projects to keep track of now in SA. Will update the map to the best of my ability.

Also, that colored rendering of the Summit looks much better than the preliminary 3D SketchUp mockup given in the original BizSense article announcing the development. I'm a lot more excited for it.

So anyway, overall, we have:

• GreyStar Relay Foods (5 stories)
  • Interbake Foods (5 stories)
  • Scott's Collection I (5 stories)
  • Scott's Collection II (5 stories)
  • The Nest (6 stories)
  • The Summit (7 stories)
  • Scott's View (7 story + 8 story)
  • Scott's Collection III (11 stories)
  • Quality Inn redevelopment (12 stories)

'Build high and densify' indeed

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 8:53 AM, Wahoo 07 said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2019/01/02/food-hall-eyed-eastern-edge-scotts-addition/

Nice article about a food hall opening in Scott's Addition.  If it is half as successful as Union Market or Chelsea Market, this will be a great addition to the city.

I believe the previous mentioned food hall, went all office. However, they announced a new one today! Veil plans on moving their tasting room to the new location, plus 18 other vendors. Will be located a block west of the Dairy Bar. 

https://www.richmond.com/food-drink/restaurant-news/food-hall-opening-in-scott-s-addition-with-vendors-two/article_4334bf2d-9233-5ca2-b679-84a9a8958eb2.html

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 9:13 PM, rjp212 said:

Haven't seen this before.  Looks to be the location of the old Baileys Automotive Insurance. I like it! :good:

7500 sf of ground floor retail space and 23-ish apartments.

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg

This project is dead and in its place will rise a 2 story medical building. Womp womp. 

https://richmondbizsense.com/2019/10/08/new-medical-office-building-planned-near-scotts-addition/

7E25D03F-E947-40D9-A110-39A6B51133D9.jpeg

• Sad 3