Scott's Addition Development

varunner

On 10/8/2019 at 8:59 AM, wrldcoupe4 said:

A dialysis center! What a great gateway to Scott's Addition and the Museum District!!! Even FultzSingh's clean lines can't get me excited about the use and lack of density.

Definitely seems odd in what may be the youngest populated area of the city.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This looks cool. Winery, restaurant and park space planned for the western edge of Scott’s Addition. Looks to continue to tie into the planned “rail trail” that would ultimately run from SA to the Science Museum.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2019/11/18/winery-restaurant-and-park-planned-for-belleville-st-site-in-scotts-addition/

41F93191-D526-4DB1-B3E5-F6DDBC8649B3.jpeg

170D1E28-DC3C-457A-84DC-72B71CB236A1.jpeg

Edited by rjp212
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, rjp212 said:

I guess people could argue this is either Scott's Addition or a part of Museum District, but according to Loopnet, pretty much the entire block bound by Cutshaw, Shepperd, Grace and Wayne is on the market.  Nearly 2 acres for $5.5 million.  I imagine someone will snatch it up quickly and it could be an interesting redevelopment project.

This has finally sold for $5.4 million.  No immediate plans to redevelop but you know it’s coming.  

https://richmondbizsense.com/2019/12/17/loupassi-sells-broad-street-site-for-5-4m/

• Like 4

I'm getting pretty excited about Broad Street.  

Whole Foods and CarMax are coming near Lee's Chicken.

New apartments are going along Broad near Scotts Addition.

UMF is having a major development on its property abut Broad.

The old DGIF area is being redeveloped. 

The general assembly building is being redeveloped.

Anything I'm missing?  When is that old hotel on Broad slated to be redeveloped?

Edited by RiverYuppy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RiverYuppy said:

I'm getting pretty excited about Broad Street.  

Whole Foods and CarMax are coming near Lee's Chicken.

New apartments are going along Broad near Scotts Addition.

UMF is having a major development on its property abut Broad.

The old DGIF area is being redeveloped. 

The general assembly building is being redeveloped.

Anything I'm missing?  When is that old hotel on Broad slated to be redeveloped?

Isn't the old Comfort Inn under way?

Also:

Children's Hospital (added height)
Science Museum frontage park
The new Dialysis Center or whatever at Thompson!!!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

The green part is probably just filler to show how the 12 story addition fits in.  These drawings are all about the addition, the level of detail on that is different than on the existing hotel part.  Seems to me we aren’t supposed to pay attention to the old hotel at all.  It’s just there to show where the 12 story part goes. Somewhere there’s a more detailed drawing of the proposed renovation.  These aren’t it . 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 3:40 PM, Hike said:

Yeah, I couldn't understand that either.  It looks to have more glass infill, which will be nice, a green atrium (?) looking thing, and then some colorful "Phillip Morris boxes"on the ends.   See, I did it again, looks like something else.  

16561104690_f12929e4c6_b.jpg

Philly and their Wendy's sign.  Richmond and their Phillip Morris sign.  Love it!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 7:55 PM, rjp212 said:

Henrico based Developer, Capital Square, is planning 3 new apartment complexes in Scott's Addition totaling 390 units and a $82 million investment in the neighborhood.

Scott's Collection 1:  5 - story, 75,000 sf building at 3000-3008 W Clay St with 80 units.  Construction expected to start in 2020.

Scott's Collection 2:  5 -story, 65,000 sf building at 2900 W Clay St with 60 units.  Expected to start at the same time as Scott's Collection 1.

Scott's Collection 3: 220-250 units at 2911 W Moore St, but no mention on size/height.

The article also mentions the neighborhood has 97.6% occupancy rate for apartments and generating a 8.1% year-over-year rental rate increase.

Source: https://www.richmond.com/business/plus/three-more-apartment-buildings-planned-for-scott-s-addition-with/article_af268715-6693-54c7-9512-699c04c3912f.html

Scott's Collection.jpg

12- story building has been nixed.  Instead they are under contract for 3001-3008 Leigh to build a 5-story 72-unit building.  

https://richmondbizsense.com/2020/01/13/developer-tweaks-plans-for-scotts-collection-project/

006A92D7-2D08-4AD8-981D-6D52568A276D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 5 weeks later...

If you haven't driving down Belleville Street in a while, the area is busy with construction.  The Food Hall and the Winery are quickly being built.  Scott's View has rented out space for a Market facing Roseneath and leased out another space closer to Belleville.   Star Hill is very popular and Christie's Fine Gardening has built a small pocket park that is open to the public.

Side note:  The industrial area between the train tracks and the Baseball stadium is beginning to see a lot of interest from developers.   If the area ever gets redeveloped, they should really think about connecting Roseneath over to Ellen. That'd give it direct access to Robin Hood and take some of the traffic off of Boulevard.

Edited by rjp212
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, rjp212 said:

Some pretty pictures from the Scott’s Addition Meeting today.   Conceptual plans on what they would like the neighborhood to develop into. 

photo credit:

https://www.facebook.com/ScottsAddition/

0FD340DF-CF99-4D6A-9D31-29B8FC575E58.jpeg

DFA2871F-440D-405E-8C3F-91FE9CFD4E44.jpeg

A524B852-2279-4EF7-B8C0-EE1CEDC6CF69.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. Looks very ambitious.  

Not to pick at a fresh wound, but this vision seems exponentially more transformative for RVA than Navy Hill.  Sadly, it doesn't seem like the city is capable of bringing this to fruition. I hope I'm wrong.     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Urbs42 said:

Sadly, it doesn't seem like the city is capable of bringing this to fruition. I hope I'm wrong.     

Explain this? Is Richmond 300 not the process the city is SUPPOSED to be doing to bring this to fruition? It's telling the developers how the area should develop.

What else do you envision the city having to do after this?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rjp212 said:

Some pretty pictures from the Scott’s Addition Meeting today.   Conceptual plans on what they would like the neighborhood to develop into. 

photo credit:

https://www.facebook.com/ScottsAddition/

0FD340DF-CF99-4D6A-9D31-29B8FC575E58.jpeg

DFA2871F-440D-405E-8C3F-91FE9CFD4E44.jpeg

A524B852-2279-4EF7-B8C0-EE1CEDC6CF69.jpeg

Sources say incoming Mayor Gray finds the plan 'exhausting', wants to issue an RFP for the corridor and study the potential further 

• Haha 2