Bridgestone Arena: further development of property

markhollin

I put together a rough idea of the size comparison of our 2007-2018 board, vs the new and improved "fang" board, vs the Devils board, which is the largest in the league. I used the height and width numbers provided by each team to get the scale. The other comparison is the pixel count from the old to the new board, which really stands out.

I think the size of the board in relation to our arena space is just right.  Plus it has a little character compared with a lot of the boards in the league being standard boxes. The kinetic boards being installed in Philly, Chicago and Washington may be a fade along the lines of Crystal Pepsi. Only time will tell.

Size Comparison2.jpg

Pixels.jpg

EBYV5DmXUAIFEhT.jpg

Edited by Alley
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Ohhhh, I get it.  "Fangs"

You know, it would be fairly cool if the Preds would adopt the old Bob Hope theme song.  I am somewhat of a decent lyricist.... maybe I could write new lyrics and title it "Fangs for the Memories".  They could play it as the defeated teams are leaving the ice.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it's pretty safe to say that Bridgestone will be safe for another 30 years, yes?

The empty 32 oz water bottle rule is extremely awesome, that's a Nalgene bottles worth.  And hopefully they're the tall water filling stations that accommodate water bottles like Nalgenes.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

So it's pretty safe to say that Bridgestone will be safe for another 30 years, yes?

The empty 32 oz water bottle rule is extremely awesome, that's a Nalgene bottles worth.  And hopefully they're the tall water filling stations that accommodate water bottles like Nalgenes.

They started allowing people to bring in water bottles last year, but not every security guard when you entered knew. It would frustrate my wife to no end. They just installed new water filling stations, which will be great. 

133FBAC7-FE22-4DD0-8E77-508C90C8B5EE.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigeasy said:

Wait....so you can bring empty water bottles into a temp controlled environment, but you can't at Nissan Stadium, which was like 98 degrees and in the sun this past weekend????

The Titans are a terrible stolen poverty franchise, more news at 10.  Go Preds!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/16/2019 at 12:38 PM, markhollin said:

A few more details about the long-range plans for the arena:

Under the plan, the first major upgrade will come in 2021 when the franchise intends to add about 1,200 seats to the upper level in addition to a new press box.

Predators President Sean Henry said a new tower at the northwest corner of the arena, where city offices were located, remains a possibility. A 2017 venue study identified that part of the building as a possible hotel in the future.

And Henry identified the southeast side of the building, which currently houses a large rehearsal hall that country artists use before launching their tours, as an opportunity for renovations as well.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/05/16/nashville-predators-lease-agreement-bridgestone-arena-david-briley/3679035002/

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 12.33.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 12.34.23 PM.png

Does anyone know if this is still going to happen or has covid changed things?