Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RALNATIVE

DTR Food Court

13 posts in this topic

Yeah I saw that in a few places. He's apparently also trying to include non-food local businesses with an eye towards sort of incubating them. Eat. Shop. Not a bad idea, though I have a healthy doubt of the guy who thought a white table cloth restaurant and a night club would work in the same building in Raleigh. I do hope this works though and appreciate the willingness to try and provide what I assume was what his radar indicated locals might be interested in. 

I'm pretty sure that this concept will succeed in that location. With Citrix, HQ Raleigh, and other businesses popping up in the warehouse district, I'm sure that there will be no shortage of lunch patrons.

It would appear that the inclusion of nonfood local businesses has been scrapped. If true, that's a shame. 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Tenkai said:

It would appear that the inclusion of nonfood local businesses has been scrapped. If true, that's a shame. 

I would agree with that decision. There are already plenty of places downtown to buy trinkets and crafts, but few quick eat places. I'm hoping that this food market will fill that niche.

Edited by RALNATIVE

I will concede that we don't need another place for trinkets and small crafts.  The last thing we would need there would be more t-shirts with outlines of the state on them.  I'm sure, though, that with careful curation one could find an array of local people who are producing high quality goods but that can't afford to set up a full shop in the downtown area.  

Having spent way too much time in there when it was Jillians, I had a gut feeling it wasn't big enough to be both things. Luckily the Warehouse District has a strip of Design Box, VAE and 311 (yeah majority art and trinkets) and Raleigh Denim. With the ban on clubs in the Dillion, and Kane steering the rudder, that is poised to be non-food/beverage retail as well. I suppose I am in the camp of "it is what it is"

New renderings of the Morgan St Food Hall:

13432167_1743920099209202_41454183835930

13434748_1743920175875861_45901358859795

13406982_1743920102542535_76423113703463

13312869_1743920105875868_25861800686656

1 person likes this

Nice, there will actually be some form of street entrance on Morgan.

17 hours ago, DPK said:

Nice, there will actually be some form of street entrance on Morgan.

Yeah that is key IMO. I always thought Empire should have pre-configured the space to be a better Morgan St presence. If the Dillion north apartments have street level retail and the envisioned Ark Royal hotel has at least one retail space, then the entire block would be an active street presence to some degree....though to be honest, the inward facing nature of this idea still isn't a great truly urban configuration, but I understand the existing building isn't built that way and must be dealt with as-is to a degree.