Will Nashville ever see another amusement park?

VSRJ

As much as I would love for Nashville to have an amusement park, we have a lot within a 3-4 hour drive: Dollywood, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, Lake Winnie, Six Flags over Georgia...Kings Island depending on traffic. I'd almost rather have that over Nashville having a park and having no others within a day's drive.

• Like 1

Dollywood draws more visitors than most of those other parks, certainly more than KK Carowinds Winnie HW & several of the nearby SixFlags parks. They're the big dog in this area. To my point above, short of a Disney music themed park, anyone else would be wasting their time/money in building a new park in Middle Tennessee (or most anywhere else). 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

• 3 years later...
On 3/7/2016 at 7:10 PM, TNinVB said:

Remember the amusement park that was planned for the East Bank by PCS? I always thought that was an odd proposal.  I wish I could remember the name. I do remember that it had "opolis" in it. I think the closet we got to a roller coaster on the East Bank was Ghost Ballet.

That was Thrillopolis. Ed Hart of Kentucky Kingdom was involved: https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/the-thrill-opolis-is-gone/article_28ddb2ec-e83d-514c-bc60-7de3360dbf5a.html

How did I only just find this thread?! As a lifelong theme park junkie, I would love a more family oriented entertainment area along the east bank at least - rides, shows, shops, etc. With so many folks moving here as well as the convention business, I feel we need more entertainment options to offer. I suppose we will see what happens with Storyville Gardens.

• Like 2