Greenville County Square redevelopment

gman430

On 6/9/2020 at 7:27 AM, gman430 said:

Construction trailer arriving on site. 

Really dont think it is construction fencing. Looks to me they just put it up to mark where the auto place was and keep people from getting hurt or driving on it. Certainly no evidence of any construction starting anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, apaladin said:

Really dont think it is construction fencing. Looks to me they just put it up to mark where the auto place was and keep people from getting hurt or driving on it. Certainly no evidence of any construction starting anytime soon. 

You’re getting your sites mixed up again. Lol. I’m not talking about the orange fencing that’s been up for months on the old Cobb Tire site. I’m talking about the gray fencing that went up two weeks ago where two large construction trailers currently sit. It’s further up University Ridge from the Cobb Tire site basically right where the main entrance for County Square is.

The area I marked in red below is where the construction trailers and new fencing are located:

1A810D2A-1232-46D9-99E2-575FD41BB2E5.jpeg

Edited by gman430

On 6/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, gman430 said:

You’re getting your sites mixed up again. Lol. I’m not talking about the orange fencing that’s been up for months on the old Cobb Tire site. I’m talking about the gray fencing that went up two weeks ago where two large construction trailers currently sit. It’s further up University Ridge from the Cobb Tire site basically right where the main entrance for County Square is.

The area I marked in red below is where the construction trailers and new fencing are located:

1A810D2A-1232-46D9-99E2-575FD41BB2E5.jpeg

Thans for the clarification. Isn't the county office buliding the firsr one to be constructed? Isn't going to go in the old Cobb tire area?

6 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Great to see this actually starting to happen.  This idea has been on the front or back burner for about 12 years at least. 

Exactly. I was in the I'll believe it when I see it boat so I'm excited to see this develop now.

8 hours ago, apaladin said:

I assume this will include a parking garage and surface parking?

No surface parking.  A six level 1,070 space parking garage is slated to be included and will be built behind or north of the new county office building where the family court building currently stands. Demolition and site grading hasn’t started on that yet. Here’s a good overlay map and site plan: 

D1EF888E-F98B-4F34-911C-FB8C84E0ACA8.jpeg

219FA574-F1D6-41C1-BF9C-D39CE42C289C.png

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gman said:

This is crazy! They've extended their current lease at least twice, and they've had notice to vacate since 2017. It's nice to see some actual reporting on local Greenville issues. Welcome to town, P&C!!

• Like 1

Could a section of the Greenville Convention Center be leased to the SCDMV? NewSpring will be moving out by the end of the year, ending a long lease with the Center. Could be some decent income for the city of Greenville. Maybe sell the state part of the building? 

2 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

This is crazy! They've extended their current lease at least twice, and they've had notice to vacate since 2017. It's nice to see some actual reporting on local Greenville issues. Welcome to town, P&C!!

Anna Mitchell who wrote this story used to work for the Greenville News and has done the vast majority of the county square stories for them. Or at least did. Lol. 

• 2 weeks later...