Greenville County Square redevelopment

gman430

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, gman430 said:

They expect the entire project to be complete by Fall 2024? I’ll believe that when I see it. Anyways…

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/1-billion-greenville-county-square-redevelopment-on-track-for-q1-2023-move-in/

Unfortunately, the Journal has gotten as bad as the Greenville News at reporting.  Anyway, I want insight into the private side of this development. I'm wondering what sort of responses they got to their RFP for the first phase of residential development. 

Edited by GvilleSC

County Square, Camperdown, Grand Bohemian, Peace Center Expansion, Unity Park, and MORE......it is easy to take for granted just how many fantastic new projects Greenville has enjoyed. Now if I just did not need to look at that hideous McLaren building every day haha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GVLer said:

County Square, Camperdown, Grand Bohemian, Peace Center Expansion, Unity Park, and MORE......it is easy to take for granted just how many fantastic new projects Greenville has enjoyed. Now if I just did not need to look at that hideous McLaren building every day haha

Just wait until next weekend. Fall for Greenville, Dear Evan Hansen, and the Carrie Underwood concert happening at the same time. Parking should be fun. :wacko: 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, gman said:

It is tall, but it will get built. 

Just a reminder... This is a vision from the overall developer. They will sell this parcel of land to another party, who will build what they want. It is likely to morph and change from this rendering. We just need to keep this in mind before the posts begin about the sky falling. 

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

I thought the height limit was 12 stories. This looks taller than that. Or does the parking garage at the bottom of the apartments not count???

I’ll wager a structure of some apartment fashion is built before the same is erected on the “gateway” site  :D

Edited by cabelagent

4 hours ago, apaladin said:

Thats a no brainer. The Gateway site is a buy/resale property only. It will never get developed.

Well, the gateway site is definitely cursed. I hear if you walk on it, you can actually see the ghosts of Lynyrd Skynyrd band members that died in the plane crash and hear Free Bird being played. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like the building next to the garage will be apartments. Guess they decided to change it to that from office space due to market conditions. Rendering and height still looks the same though which tells me they decided to make it apartments a while back before even making the renderings. Sorry about the confusion there.

Anyways…

C2DBDBCB-A198-4B72-94D0-3EB399C40E6D.jpeg

C72469AF-BA92-4962-9F67-5097CBBBA570.jpeg

867284E3-4062-41B4-99D6-E8C4B2B935FF.jpeg

0C1BBEB5-0F52-4DEC-AED4-A6BD974EF722.jpeg

9301FB34-DFF2-442F-9D26-403842F0856D.jpeg

BF6C672C-E84C-49D9-A688-1347A2B1157A.jpeg

CA9C7B99-7B81-4390-BDBF-E087E5C0B0C0.jpeg

FB69C993-34C0-403D-BD43-13F71F96F315.jpeg

3FE010C9-4D02-422B-8A2E-BBB9C1E9A4C7.jpeg

68D1B4E8-9CC1-4055-91C6-EA1C73C1E605.jpeg

9D002489-E3B3-4308-8958-7CFF3C437014.jpeg

BB3F5442-30B4-4103-A3CD-96641D4015FE.jpeg

76A82F5D-B964-40D0-AD5B-0324018C0DDE.jpeg

B18E3A9F-CBA5-42C2-9267-64CB2B5EFF9C.jpeg

Edited by gman430
  • Like 4

Oh and full completion of entire project is slated for Fall 2024 according to the latest leasing package. Upstate Business Journal was right. :blink: I’ll believe that when I see it though. 

Official name of development is Greenville DownTown. :lol: :ermm:

3.5 million total square feet.

$1 billion.

250,000 square feet of retail, restaurant, and entertainment. 

1 million square feet of traditional and creative office space. 

1,800 luxury rental residences. 

200 hospitality suites. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

Greenville DownTown is a terrible name.  I can imagine telling people, “Let’s go DownTown.  Not downtown with a lower-case T, the DownTown with an upper-case T.”  They’ll be confused, so then I’ll have to say, “I mean the development where County Square was.”  Or depending on their age, I’ll have to say, “It used to be Bell Tower Mall, where the old Furman campus was.”

It should just be given a distinct name.

One of the worst names I’ve heard for a development. I agree it needs something unique. 

That is a terrible name. A suggestion is,  “Sirrine District”, a nod to the history of Sirrine Stadium. Also, at one time, it was mentioned that a replica of the original Bell Tower would be built. The development could be called, “Bell Tower.” 

Updated to say that I forgot that we already have the Water Tower District in Greenville. It includes all of the water tower’s located beside the old mills that are being redeveloped. Adding another “Tower” district must be fun. 

Edited by gman
  • Like 1