Mixed-used concept gets DRC OK

bobliocatt

75092_300.jpg

A proposed apartment, retail and office condo project would go up near new courthouse.

The committee, a branch of the Jacksonville Economic Development Commission, signs off on new building designs downtown and ensures all new or renovated projects comply with the area's zoning.

Among the concepts the authority approved Thursday: LandMar Group LLC's proposed Riverwalk extension at the Shipyards, which includes a 680-foot-long public pier and a series of historically-themed parks; Metropolitan Parking Solutions' Downtown Parking Garage near the site of the proposed Duval County Courthouse; Fidelity National Financial's three-story private guest lodge; and a proposed Easton Sanderson & Co. apartment, retail and office condominium project.

The Fidelity project received final approval, and the others were approved conceptually -- the authority will need to review them again before the developers can proceed with construction.

Full Article

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^The new design looks the Ed Ball Building with a glass atrium on the corner. Personally, I liked the original (modern) version better. Anyway, it probably won't matter since the courthouse won't be built probably for another 20 years. I'm sure this could possibly be the hold up on the old JEA Building, as well, since it's a very similar project.

The new design is mediocre at best. Why did they drop the previous one? And how does this fit in with the Ambassador Hotel next door (my answer: not at all). The bottom line is these Easton Sanderson boys are just tacky people (to say nothing of Eddie Farrah whose bad taste speaks for itself). Having purchased an historic building from some of these guys which they had mutilated, I think I have first hand knowledge of this.

Archived