W Hotel, 16 stories, 183', 350 rooms

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Brilliant Earth Jewelry is opening its first Nashville location inside The W Hotel at 1114 Pine St. The San Fran-based high-end jeweler operates in 18 other states. A $400,000 build-out permit has been granted.  No word on when opening is planned.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/gulch-lands-high-end-jewelry-boutique/article_ffd03484-8c5a-11ed-af13-275e3d682ce0.html

• Like 1

Oh good... residents of The Gulch don't yet have convenient access to a dry cleaners or pharmacy, but if they need a $10,000 sustainable diamond broach on a moment's notice it'll be just a short walk away!  [emoji14]

A Walgreens or some type of convenience store would be much appreciated… could even replace the McDonald’s if that or the Exxon ever go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, applebees615 said:

A Walgreens or some type of convenience store would be much appreciated… could even replace the McDonald’s if that or the Exxon ever go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm honestly shocked that a Walgreens or CVS hasn't yet gone into the base of one of those many towers that have been built there.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Yeah I'm honestly shocked that a Walgreens or CVS hasn't yet gone into the base of one of those many towers that have been built there.

I'm guessing that the square footage needed for a CVS/Walgreens is a stumbling block as well as rent. I'm also not sure how desirable (marketing wise), as a tenant, a drug store is over a flashy jewelry store or restaurant. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I'm guessing that the square footage needed for a CVS/Walgreens is a stumbling block as well as rent. I'm also not sure how desirable (marketing wise), as a tenant, a drug store is over a flashy jewelry store or restaurant. 

I mean don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect one to set up shop in the W Hotel or anything, but pharmacies dot the landscape in most desirable urban neighborhoods in the country so clearly it isn't that big of a stumbling block, if it is indeed even a stumbling block at all.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I mean don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect one to set up shop in the W Hotel or anything, but pharmacies dot the landscape in most desirable urban neighborhoods in the country so clearly it isn't that big of a stumbling block, if it is indeed even a stumbling block at all.  

When we have an additional 20-30 mid/high rises in  downtown/midtown/gulch Nashville, I could see Walgreens/CVS coming in. They are in many big city downtowns/urban neighborhoods. I just don't see many of our current projects angling for a CVS.  I want to see it happen and I think they could do well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

When we have an additional 20-30 mid/high rises in  downtown/midtown/gulch Nashville, I could see Walgreens/CVS coming in. They are in many big city downtowns/urban neighborhoods. I just don't see many of our current projects angling for a CVS.  I want to see it happen and I think they could do well.

The Gulch could easily support one now, between the tourist traffic and locals that already live there. 

• Like 3

While I do agree that The Gulch should have its own pharmacy, the Capitol View Publix is only less than a mile away on the same road. Which yes is still a 15 minute walk and just a grocery store pharmacy, but it’s not as if there isn’t a pharmacy “close” by IMO. But now that I am looking, I am pretty startled though by how there are not many pharmacies at all in a lot of the urban neighborhoods near the core. Almost none near a lot of midtown/music row, but especially WeHo. 

• Like 4

• smeagolsfree changed the title to W Hotel, 16 stories, 183', 350 rooms
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...