W Hotel, 16 stories, 183', 350 rooms

smeagolsfree

The exterior may be lacking but the interior, amenities, and staff service has enticed us to have several 'staycations' at the Omni. They should have gone big,but they know that now.

I was not overly impressed with the hotel because they really didn't want to spend a lot of money on the hotel because they were afraid to. After the fact, they were left scratching their heads wondering why we didn't build it with more rooms. It could have been so much better and so much more upscale. They missed the mark.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I was not overly impressed with the hotel because they really didn't want to spend a lot of money on the hotel because they were afraid to. After the fact, they were left scratching their heads wondering why we didn't build it with more rooms. It could have been so much better and so much more upscale. They missed the mark.

Despite that, they're apparently 2nd in the nation for corporate conventions.

• Like 1

I've stayed in the Omni before for an in-town getaway and that hotel is completely immaculate inside and it serves very, very well. It may not be the flashiest or prettiest building, but I've never heard a single complaint, other than they wish the pool and lounge deck was larger.

• Like 2

A friend of mine from NYC was in town over the weekend. I gave him the 'grand tour' and he specifically remarked on how impressed he was by the Omni as we drove by the front door.

I agree that it is certainly it's not a skyscraper by any sense of the word, but aside from its lackluster exterior, does not leave patrons wanting for much.

• Like 2

I've not been in any of the rooms, but I have been in the lobby, restaurants, and common areas.  Those areas are very, very impressive.  You can tell they spent their money on the interior instead of the exterior.  

The (sad) reality is that exterior appearance probably doesn't matter much at all for hotels and residential. It might matter a little more for high end corporate buildings whose occupants want to exude some flash and style. However, I can honestly say that I have never considered what a hotel looks like from the outside when I book a room. I look at things like rooms, amenities, common areas, and location.  I don't care if they use imported Italian granite or stucco to clad the exterior when I'm the customer.  Of course, as a resident of Nashville I would like to see the exterior be nice, but the developers can't monetize my desire to have a nice building in my city. 

• Like 3

On 3/21/2016 at 9:09 AM, dmillsphoto said:

What of their works sucks? They've done a few decent looking projects. Terminus 200 comes to mind.

That's what people tend to say about HKS and Corgan on a board similar to this one in Dallas. It may just be that they do such a large number of projects that it breeds contempt.