NC Civil Rights

southslider

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will not have enough room at pure pizza.

Also, some court ruled something today. I think ol' Pat will use that as a scapegoat for repeal. He'll say HB2 is right but the court is now wrongly making legislation and our hands are tied so we're were forced repeal. It lets him out (which is where he wants) without losing his conservative minions.....indeed, strengthening them against the tyrannical left.

2 hours ago, grodney said:

They will not have enough room at pure pizza.

Also, some court ruled something today. I think ol' Pat will use that as a scapegoat for repeal. He'll say HB2 is right but the court is now wrongly making legislation and our hands are tied so we're were forced repeal. It lets him out (which is where he wants) without losing his conservative minions.....indeed, strengthening them against the tyrannical left.

Yep...4th Circuit Court ruled in a very similar case that bathroom provisions such as those in HB2 are discriminatory.  It's only a matter of time before this draconian law gets struck down.  

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article72637592.html

Too bad NC will have lost so much by the time it does get struck down.

Moved from "Bad News" thread:

RaleighHeelsFan said:

No...I just worry about my daughter in the women's bathroom...

How, specifically, does the Charlotte bathroom ordinance make your daughter less safe than she is today?

Before you answer, please recognize that even today any perv/rapist can dress up as a woman and go into a ladies bathroom and commit whatever assault they want.

p.s. I have two young daughters of my own, so I'm considering this issue, and your answer, through that lens.

From The New York Times, Wednesday, April 20, 2016 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/20/us/appeals-court-favors-transgender-student-in-virginia-restroom-case.html?_r=0

Appeals Court Favors Transgender Student in Virginia Restroom Case

By RICHARD FAUSSETAPRIL 19, 2016

• Photo
20virginia-web-master675.jpg

The court ruling in favor of Gavin Grimm comes amid escalating fights nationwide over transgender people and the bathrooms they should be allowed to use. CreditDamon Winter/The New York Times

Excerpts:  "... a federal appeals court in Richmond, Virginia, ruled on Tuesday in favor of a transgender student who was born female and wishes to use the boys' restroom at his rural Virginia high school."  ...  ".. it is the first time that a federal appellate court has ruled that Title IX protects the rights of such (transgendered) students to use the bathroom that coresponds with their gender identity."

"As a result of the ruling, those advocates say, that portion of the North Carolina law that applies to public schools now clearly violates Title IX - the federal law that prohibits gender discrimination in schools."

"Our expectation is that the North Carolina schools reverse course immediately, as in tomorrow," Sarah Warbelow, the legal director for the Human Rights Campaign, an L.G.B.T. rights group, said Tuesday night."

2 hours ago, grodney said:

Moved from "Bad News" thread:

RaleighHeelsFan said:

How, specifically, does the Charlotte bathroom ordinance make your daughter less safe than she is today?

Before you answer, please recognize that even today any perv/rapist can dress up as a woman and go into a ladies bathroom and commit whatever assault they want.

p.s. I have two young daughters of my own, so I'm considering this issue, and your answer, through that lens.

62934264.jpg

From The New York Times, Sports Thursday, April 21, 2016

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/sports/baseball/curt-schilling-is-fired-by-espn.html

BASEBALL

Curt Schilling, ESPN Analyst, Is Fired Over Offensive Social Media Post

By RICHARD SANDOMIRAPRIL 20, 2016

Photo
21ESPNweb-master675.jpg

Curt Schilling has been a baseball analyst at ESPN since 2010.

Credit Charles Krupa/Associated Press

Curt Schilling, a former All-Star pitcher and one of the highest-profile baseball analysts on ESPN, was fired from the network Wednesday, a day after he drew intense criticism for promoting offensive commentary on social media.

Schilling, who had worked for the network since 2010 and most recently offered analysis on “Monday Night Baseball,” was dismissed after sharing a Facebook post this week that appeared to respond to the North Carolina law that bars transgender people from using bathrooms and locker rooms that do not correspond with their birth genders.

From The New York Times, Editorials / Letters Thursday, April 21, 2016

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/opinion/transgender-students-win-on-restroom-rights.html

The Opinion Pages | EDITORIAL

Transgender Students Win on Restroom Rights

By THE EDITORIAL BOARDAPRIL 20, 2016

•  

EXCERPTS: "The Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit is the first federal court to affirm the Obama administration’s position on this question. The Department of Education and the Department of Justice have asserted in individual cases that barring transgender students from using restrooms and locker rooms based on their gender identity violates Title IX, a federal civil rights law that prohibits sex discrimination in education."  "The current case was brought in 2015 by a male transgender student against the school board in Gloucester County, Va., after it passed a measure barring him from using the boys’ restroom. Writing for the majority in the 2-to-1 ruling, Judge Henry Franklin Floyd found that the lower court did not give due deference to the federal government’s interpretation of Title IX when it ruled against the student, Gavin Grimm." ... "The ruling is also the latest blow to a discriminatory law North Carolina passed last month, which mandated that people use public restrooms that match the gender on their birth certificate, regardless of their gender identity or appearance.  North Carolina, which is also covered by the Fourth Circuit, is now bound to lose discrimination lawsuits filed by transgender students who would be forced to use the wrong restrooms."

Photo

21thu3web-articleLarge.jpg

Gavin Grimm CreditDamon Winter/The New York Times

2 minutes ago, QCxpat said:

From The New York Times, Editorials / Letters Thursday, April 21, 2016

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/opinion/transgender-students-win-on-restroom-rights.html

The Opinion Pages | EDITORIAL

Transgender Students Win on Restroom Rights

EXCERPTS: "The Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit is the first federal court to affirm the Obama administration’s position on this question. The Department of Education and the Department of Justice have asserted in individual cases that barring transgender students from using restrooms and locker rooms based on their gender identity violates Title IX, a federal civil rights law that prohibits sex discrimination in education."  "The current case was brought in 2015 by a male transgender student against the school board in Gloucester County, Va., after it passed a measure barring him from using the boys’ restroom. Writing for the majority in the 2-to-1 ruling, Judge Henry Franklin Floyd found that the lower court did not give due deference to the federal government’s interpretation of Title IX when it ruled against the student, Gavin Grimm."

Photo

21thu3web-articleLarge.jpg

Gavin Grimm CreditDamon Winter/The New York Times

I will probably get some flack, but the thing that concerns me about this young man is his weight at the age of 16.....unfortunately he seems to be a part of the problem in this country of obesity,,,,,just not a healthy looking size at his age.

59 minutes ago, rancenc said:

I will probably get some flack, but the thing that concerns me about this young man is his weight at the age of 16.....unfortunately he seems to be a part of the problem in this country of obesity,,,,,just not a healthy looking size at his age.

He is very obese. I would bet that at least some of his overeating is directly connected to his challenges with his gender identity.  

I've long believed that obesity is a physical manifestation of depression.

Grab some popcorn to watch the reaction by all the rough and tough Trump fans in NC as they try to defend how they "stand with McCrory" and how "Trump will fix these types of problems in our country."

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/04/21/3771555/trump-north-carolina-transgender/
The candidate said his preference would be to “leave it the way it is,” seemingly intending to say “was” or simply referring to how things are elsewhere. “There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go; they use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate. There has been so little trouble.”

He admitted he doesn’t know if he has any transgender people working in his organization, but acknowledged that if Caitlyn Jenner walked into Trump Tower, she’d be free to use whichever bathroom she feels most comfortable in. He also dismissed the need — and cost — of constructing new gender-neutral bathrooms.

lol.

I wish people would get out of La La land and wake up and see this thing is doomed.... It's bad news. I think it's funny because I think Bathroom Pat and Berger and Moore are taking such a tough stance because they were inspired by Trump.... And Trump pretty much shut them down. el oh el.

Just goes to show you how pathetic this country is becoming. There was nothing wrong with Curt's opinion. He is right in my opinion. Curt said:

"“A man is a man no matter what they call themselves. I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic.”

In my opinion, you should not be able to go into the women's bathroom with a male part. Once you have that part removed...then yes, you should be able to. Until that time. NO.

I cannot believe this is even an argument. So sick of the liberal media firing someone who has a different opinion. Makes me SOOO angry.

3 hours ago, QCxpat said:

From The New York Times, Sports Thursday, April 21, 2016

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/sports/baseball/curt-schilling-is-fired-by-espn.html

BASEBALL

Curt Schilling, ESPN Analyst, Is Fired Over Offensive Social Media Post

By RICHARD SANDOMIRAPRIL 20, 2016

Photo
21ESPNweb-master675.jpg

Curt Schilling has been a baseball analyst at ESPN since 2010.

Credit Charles Krupa/Associated Press

Curt Schilling, a former All-Star pitcher and one of the highest-profile baseball analysts on ESPN, was fired from the network Wednesday, a day after he drew intense criticism for promoting offensive commentary on social media.

Schilling, who had worked for the network since 2010 and most recently offered analysis on “Monday Night Baseball,” was dismissed after sharing a Facebook post this week that appeared to respond to the North Carolina law that bars transgender people from using bathrooms and locker rooms that do not correspond with their birth genders.

13 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

Just goes to show you how pathetic this country is becoming. There was nothing wrong with Curt's opinion. He is right in my opinion. Curt said:

"“A man is a man no matter what they call themselves. I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic.”

In my opinion, you should not be able to go into the women's bathroom with a male part. Once you have that part removed...then yes, you should be able to. Until that time. NO.

I cannot believe this is even an argument. So sick of the liberal media firing someone who has a different opinion. Makes me SOOO angry.

He is entitled to his own opinion, but as a public personality, he does not have the freedom to say whatever he wants without repercussion.  His comments were inappropriate and offensive, and his employer had every right to fire him for violating company policies.  He should have learned his lesson after being reprimanded for similar outbursts previously and expressed his opinions as Curt Schilling, private citizen, not Curt Schilling, ESPN analyst.  Big difference.

I actually agree with you. However...

Stephen A Smith is still employed at ESPN. He goes on public rants all the time...on ESPN. He should have been fired along time ago. The things that guy has said is much worse than what Curt said. But see, Stephen is a liberal, so his views are ok to ESPN.

35 minutes ago, cltcane said:

He is entitled to his own opinion, but as a public personality, he does not have the freedom to say whatever he wants without repercussion.  His comments were inappropriate and offensive, and his employer had every right to fire him for violating company policies.  He should have learned his lesson after being reprimanded for similar outbursts previously and expressed his opinions as Curt Schilling, private citizen, not Curt Schilling, ESPN analyst.  Big difference.

2 hours ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

I cannot believe this is even an argument.

Fascinating.  I attended a "lunch & learn" at work today where there were 2 speakers....a trans man and a trans woman.  The trans woman looked, walked, talked, acted...like a woman.  The trans man looked, walked, talked, grunted, farted....like a man.  Neither has had surgery to change their "parts", as you say.

It is incomprehensible that you would have these people using the restrooms that match their "parts" instead of their identities.

Archived