Greenville Lofts

gman430

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jet-set said:

The Lofts of Greenville already exist. I wonder why they would use that name for this project, even temporarily.

I think "Westfield" is a good name.. If they're looking for suggestions.

If anyone knew the name of the industry corp that existed on the site way back in the day, that would be perfect. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
6 hours ago, gvegascple said:

Am I the only one that thinks how in the heck are they going to keep water from pooling and seeping in when I see an V shaped roof?

You're not the only one I've heard mention that.  While it may look cool and trendy, it seems like that type of design is just asking for trouble down the line, but then it seems most of these apartment buildings aren't being designed with the long term in mind.

7 hours ago, gvegascple said:

Am I the only one that thinks how in the heck are they going to keep water from pooling and seeping in when I see an V shaped roof?

I'm not a construction expert, but assuming that the center V valley has some small pitch, wouldn't standard roof valley flashing handle that situation?

On 1/3/2017 at 6:18 PM, bikeoid said:

I'm not a construction expert, but assuming that the center V valley has some small pitch, wouldn't standard roof valley flashing handle that situation?

Same here not being a construction expert, it just seems to me that it would cause large amounts of water to pool before running off and the longer water stays before it runs off the more likely an issue could develop.  Not even taking into account how long snow and ice would stay trapped up there expanding as temps drop putting further strain on any countermeasure used to keep water out.  Looks cool though.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived