Miesian Corners

300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

572 posts in this topic

Since the sail is done, the crane should come down soon right? Maybe this weekend?

Not until The first week of April, still unclear why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Not until The first week of April, still unclear why.

That's weird. I thought it would come down during February at the latest.

8 minutes ago, NCMike1990 said:

That's weird. I thought it would come down during February at the latest.

Maybe there's some rooftop stuff that still needs to be added, I.E. utilities or chillers.

2 people like this

Just now, nakers2 said:

Maybe there's some rooftop stuff that still needs to be added, I.E. utilities or chillers.

True. There could be more materials that have to be lifted up there.

Has anyone seen how the elevators work in DEC? Most of them in the tower portion can go all the way up. As you approach the bank or maybe 10 elevators, there are touscreen floor selectors that group common floor destinations to save energy from starting and stopping all the way up. Similar to the Corp. Center that has dedicated banks for blocks of floors, but I believe they can all go to the top.

They chould be taking one of these routes.

12 hours ago, nakers2 said:

Chillers all installed. My theory is Window Washing Unit.

^any word on lighting package?

15 hours ago, CLTNative said:

Has anyone seen how the elevators work in DEC? Most of them in the tower portion can go all the way up. As you approach the bank or maybe 10 elevators, there are touscreen floor selectors that group common floor destinations to save energy from starting and stopping all the way up. Similar to the Corp. Center that has dedicated banks for blocks of floors, but I believe they can all go to the top.

They chould be taking one of these routes.

I work in the DEC, and the touchscreen thing is true, but they still have "banks" of elevators that only go to certain areas. Only one bank goes all the way to the top, and all banks only meet in the lobby. Each bank meets the next bank every 15 or so floors for mini elevator lobbies.

This is interesting from Elior webpage they catered both major party national conventions! Bipartisan support.  Elior North America’s high-end contract catering division, Starr Catering Group (SCG) partnered with CNN to cater the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. The company partnered with top-notch local businesses in Cleveland, OH and Philadelphia, PA to create unique and unparalleled dining experiences for CNN staff and its many guests during its coverage of the national conventions...     They are located currently in the Water Ridge Office park hope this means more jobs too. 

And they are the 2nd fastest growing foodservice company in the USA http://elior-na.com/restaurant-news-names-elior-2-growth/

Edited by KJHburg
2 people like this

the hotel-park combo is so freaking awesome on so many levels

3 people like this

How awesome would it be if the ceiling of the Sky lounge (can't recall the name) on the Kimpton were up-lit with LED's that changed gradual colors through the evening!!

3 people like this

I love this building on the skyline with the sail and love the hotel even more. The Kimpton will be the hot spot in the future esp. rooftop. From across the park today. 

DSCN9977.JPG

4 people like this

According to JLL national office report roundup, they say the 300 South Tryon is 54.4% leased which is much more than announced. Since it is 638,xxx sq ft tower it amounts to about  347K sq ft  preleased much more than Barings Babson Capital 200K announced. This tower is getting some traction and remember we want it lease quickly so more towers are built like Tryon Place. 

1 person likes this

The external elevator came down today at 300 S Tryon

6 hours ago, Midwoodian said:

Patching up the facade from the external elevator will be done soon! Kind of cool looking with the final 12 panels or so missing.

df7e368cc76c9f414fb057c984ec9870.jpg

Great pic! I love this building!

1 person likes this

I believe RDF said that the crane should come down during the 1st week of April. I can't wait to see how the sail lighting will look.

9 hours ago, Midwoodian said:

Patching up the facade from the external elevator will be done soon! Kind of cool looking with the final 12 panels or so missing.

df7e368cc76c9f414fb057c984ec9870.jpg

Very nice!