300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Miesian Corners

Has anyone seen how the elevators work in DEC? Most of them in the tower portion can go all the way up. As you approach the bank or maybe 10 elevators, there are touscreen floor selectors that group common floor destinations to save energy from starting and stopping all the way up. Similar to the Corp. Center that has dedicated banks for blocks of floors, but I believe they can all go to the top.

They chould be taking one of these routes.

15 hours ago, CLTNative said:

Has anyone seen how the elevators work in DEC? Most of them in the tower portion can go all the way up. As you approach the bank or maybe 10 elevators, there are touscreen floor selectors that group common floor destinations to save energy from starting and stopping all the way up. Similar to the Corp. Center that has dedicated banks for blocks of floors, but I believe they can all go to the top.

They chould be taking one of these routes.

I work in the DEC, and the touchscreen thing is true, but they still have "banks" of elevators that only go to certain areas. Only one bank goes all the way to the top, and all banks only meet in the lobby. Each bank meets the next bank every 15 or so floors for mini elevator lobbies.

This is interesting from Elior webpage they catered both major party national conventions! Bipartisan support.  Elior North America’s high-end contract catering division, Starr Catering Group (SCG) partnered with CNN to cater the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. The company partnered with top-notch local businesses in Cleveland, OH and Philadelphia, PA to create unique and unparalleled dining experiences for CNN staff and its many guests during its coverage of the national conventions...     They are located currently in the Water Ridge Office park hope this means more jobs too. 

And they are the 2nd fastest growing foodservice company in the USA http://elior-na.com/restaurant-news-names-elior-2-growth/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

Some low quality (trying to get high quality) updated images of these buildings lit at night. The top of 300 South is going to be STUNNING. and the LEDs ringing each floor aint so shabby either.

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 2.35.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 2.34.19 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

According to JLL national office report roundup, they say the 300 South Tryon is 54.4% leased which is much more than announced. Since it is 638,xxx sq ft tower it amounts to about  347K sq ft  preleased much more than Barings Babson Capital 200K announced. This tower is getting some traction and remember we want it lease quickly so more towers are built like Tryon Place. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see the pathway down to the park. I hope they do something there to calm traffic.

Also I see they're gutting the old showmar and richoh sites in the 230 s Tryon parking garage across the street. I wonder if a lease has been signed?