300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Miesian Corners

1 hour ago, JBS said:

^^

Great picture and project.  It's like getting two very good buildings at once.  I like the office building and love the hotel.

It's a very exciting project and I'm impressed with how it turned out. A long time coming for sure so I'm glad to see it almost completed. IMO, this building somewhat resembles 1180 Peachtree in Atlanta. Anyone else agree?

1180-peachtree_hres_web.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

Respectfully, the Atlanta building blows 300 South Tryon out of the water.  Compared to that, 300 is a short, fat box with a curve.

Charlotte needs to build residential towers like the Atlanta one some day.

Some day we will, but in the meanwhile, we need to more than double our population before we play catch up with Atlanta. South Park could be the future Buckhead? Seriously, give me Charlotte any day. I love what they are doing here and it will only get better. 

3 hours ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

Respectfully, the Atlanta building blows 300 South Tryon out of the water.  Compared to that, 300 is a short, fat box with a curve.

Charlotte needs to build residential towers like the Atlanta one some day.

The Atlanta building is office. I believe Wachovia was the original major tenant. 

1 hour ago, jednc said:

Well, maybe think of it like this. If you tell your wife (not yours specifically...just a figure of speech) that she's like a short, fat box compared to Gisele Bündchen. And follow that up with, "I like you too though". I'm guessing she won't feel consoled.

But we're adults having a dialogue.  300 is a nice building, but that Atl tower blows it out of the water.

That's my opinion.  Others may differ.  That's natural in any discussion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

But we're adults having a dialogue.  300 is a nice building, but that Atl tower blows it out of the water.

That's my opinion.  Others may differ.  That's natural in any discussion.

Oh, I actually agree with you. I was really impressed the first time I saw the Atlanta building. I just was pointing out why your wording might give the impression you didn't like the Charlotte building.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

I like 300 South Tryon too.  I said that it's like a short, fat box when compared to the Atlanta tower.

You did indeed.  My apologies.

2 hours ago, jednc said:

Well, maybe think of it like this. If you tell your wife (not yours specifically...just a figure of speech) that she's like a short, fat box compared to Gisele Bündchen. And follow that up with, "I like you too though". I'm guessing she won't feel consoled.

Very amusing!

1 hour ago, jednc said:

Oh, I actually agree with you. I was really impressed the first time I saw the Atlanta building. I just was pointing out why your wording might give the impression you didn't like the Charlotte building.

Fortunately, 300 South Tryon and the hotel are quite nice.  Hopefully, more nice towers are in the pipeline.

• Like 1