300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Miesian Corners

Okay, I have to ask (and I figure it's slightly better to post here than in the Traffic Congestion/Highway Construction thread): are there plans to repave 3rd Street after this opens between Tryon and the west end of BB&T Ballpark? I know the problems with it precede this complex, but this would logically be the one obstacle preventing work on it, and it's at *least* an eyesore next to shining new towers in 3rd Ward and our crowning urban park and at *worst* so dilapidated it's dangerous for some drivers. I honestly haven't seen a city street so hump-ridden and horribly patched since I went to Toledo visiting a friend (and they have the excuse of harsh winters, here, not so much).

15 minutes ago, Eightane said:

Okay, I have to ask (and I figure it's slightly better to post here than in the Traffic Congestion/Highway Construction thread): are there plans to repave 3rd Street after this opens between Tryon and the west end of BB&T Ballpark? I know the problems with it precede this complex, but this would logically be the one obstacle preventing work on it, and it's at *least* an eyesore next to shining new towers in 3rd Ward and our crowning urban park and at *worst* so dilapidated it's dangerous for some drivers. I honestly haven't seen a city street so hump-ridden and horribly patched since I went to Toledo visiting a friend (and they have the excuse of harsh winters, here, not so much).

I don't know but given how bad it is torn up, and the fact they're adding a path from Tryon to the park alongside it, I can't imagine they aren't.

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Realized this in a few pictures now. Is that railing towards the very top where it levels out, is that usable balcony space or is that railing just aesthetic? 

Not sure but could be a balcony. The top floors are leased by Babson/ Barings Bank and it would make sense to have a balcony for execs since they own the building too. This drawing seems to indicate something on the 23rd floor. http://300southtryon.com/home/leasing/available-space/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Not sure but could be a balcony. The top floors are leased by Babson/ Barings Bank and it would make sense to have a balcony for execs since they own the building too. This drawing seems to indicate something on the 23rd floor. http://300southtryon.com/home/leasing/available-space/

yup. :)

300_ST_FloorPlans_23.jpg

300_ST_FloorPlans_22.jpg

Edited by mpretori
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, cjolley92 said:

Hopefully we will see the sail lit up soon. I am sure the lights will be white most of the time, but this color scheme will look great come 4th of July.

IMG_2727.jpg

I hope it's not white. It's so amazing in these colors and sticks out in the skyline in a great way. Makes the city look more exciting 

• Like 1