300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Miesian Corners

2 minutes ago, grodney said:

The aforementioned balcony or whatever from ST400 31st:

20170412_120857_zpsjhd42ich.jpg

As much as I love this building. The chiller kills me. It takes this building from an A to a B

I must disagree still an A for me for very few people will see that chiller unless you are in 400 South Tryon or some other higher building. The street presence and skyline addition from afar makes it an A. My only wish would be it would be taller but since they were the first out of the gate I am very pleased. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I must disagree still an A for me for very few people will see that chiller unless you are in 400 South Tryon or some other higher building. The street presence and skyline addition from afar makes it an A. My only wish would be it would be taller but since they were the first out of the gate I am very pleased. 

I see it from everywhere, I can't unsee it.

I like towers that have a crown with no obvious warts. BoA, Interstate, the jukebox building that is now Wells Fargo, and mostly the Hearst tower (ok you can see the chillers from an airplane) accomplish this.

300 turned out great. That balcony will be cool when the tower is converted to residential in a few decades.  I'd give it a B+ as there are some interesting angles and it is unique in Charlotte. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know anymore tenants for this building other than Barings, Elior reported here and Knoll.  I know Barings took the top half of the building which of course is most prime but any other whispers, permits etc out there? The quicker this building and 615 South College fill up the larger more likely will be the Tryon Place building. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Does anyone know anymore tenants for this building other than Barings, Elior reported here and Knoll.  I know Barings took the top half of the building which of course is most prime but any other whispers, permits etc out there? The quicker this building and 615 South College fill up the larger more likely will be the Tryon Place building. 

I have a couple contacts on the periphery of TP, haven't heard from them in a while. I think its a good sign.

Edited by Guest

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, atlrvr said:

Faison Capital Advisors and Spectrum Companies are both taking small amounts of space

One more...CapTech (IT consulting firm focusing on Financial Services) is taking the 14th floor.  Relocating from Charlotte Plaza...I think they are adding sq ft compared to their existing space, but not positive on exact #'s.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

One more...CapTech (IT consulting firm focusing on Financial Services) is taking the 14th floor.  Relocating from Charlotte Plaza...I think they are adding sq ft compared to their existing space, but not positive on exact #'s.

Between Charlotte School of Law contracting and other relocations, it sounds like Charlotte Plaza has some nice floor plate area available

21 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Between Charlotte School of Law contracting and other relocations, it sounds like Charlotte Plaza has some nice floor plate area available

I wonder whatever happened to the RISD expansion into Charlotte back 10 years ago.

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I wonder whatever happened to the RISD expansion into Charlotte back 10 years ago.

I still think adding a RISD or SCAD campus in Charlotte would do wonders for the art and design scene in this city. I'd be delighted to hear of a school like that considering expansion in CLT again.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, nowensone said:

Nice shot, so that winding greenspace/sidewalk is obviously not happening, or are they eliminating half of 3rd along this block?

No it is still there it is hard to see with all the equipment etc along 3rd  St. 

• Like 1