300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Miesian Corners

29 minutes ago, nowensone said:

Nice shot, so that winding greenspace/sidewalk is obviously not happening, or are they eliminating half of 3rd along this block?

I thought the plan was to shrink 3rd to 2 lanes (which is plenty imho):

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article111083732.html

• Like 1

I dont spend much time downtown. Have they taken the plywood wall down on Tryon for this building yet? Id like to drive by once its down and see the street level landscaped or not

or look at somebodies pictures so I can stay on my couch!

Edited by QClifer

Was out last night at Ink n Ivy watching game 7...the testing of the lights was awesome!  Which got me excited for the Panthers two prime time games (Thursday night and Monday night football).  Will be really cool to see this tower during special events...i'm assuming it will correlate to specials event like the Duke tower does (Panthers/Hornets, Pink in october for breast cancer, green st patty, etc).

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, QClifer said:

I dont spend much time downtown. Have they taken the plywood wall down on Tryon for this building yet?

Nope, not yet.  But it looks like they're getting close.....I mean the revolving door has been installed and lots of other "finish" around the bottom.

4 hours ago, grodney said:

Nope, not yet.  But it looks like they're getting close.....I mean the revolving door has been installed and lots of other "finish" around the bottom.

They did push it closer to Tryon though. Around noon that area looks like a street in China with way too many people trying to walk in a three-foot area.

11 minutes ago, Squid7085 said:

They did push it closer to Tryon though. Around noon that area looks like a street in China with way too many people trying to walk in a three-foot area.

I believe its pronounced GINA (GAINA?) thanks to Mr Trump, long may he reign. 

3 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

^ am I missing something here?  This sure looks like one lane of traffic going towards Bearden. 

The new curb (center picture) leaves only 2 lane-widths on the right side of the picture.....narrower than previous.  That leaves room left of the curb for the "linear park" that has long been rumored/planned/designed along the side of 300 ST and the Kimpton.

1 hour ago, grodney said:

The new curb (center picture) leaves only 2 lane-widths on the right side of the picture.....narrower than previous.  That leaves room left of the curb for the "linear park" that has long been rumored/planned/designed along the side of 300 ST and the Kimpton.

Here is a snip of the proposed linear park

3rd Street Linear Park.JPG

Congratulations to Spectrum Properties, Cornerstone, Barings Bank, Mass Mutual etc on your beautiful addition to our skyline. I can't tell you how much I love this office building and Kimpton Hotel. It shows height does not always matter when talking about an impact on the skyline. From today several angles. 

DSCN2066.JPG

DSCN2067.JPG

• Like 4

Now I know what happened! I was on a telcon when I noticed smoke wafting onto my balcony. Had to ask them to hold a minute while I made sure my grill wasn't about to blow up or something. It smelled just like someone burning off the detritus after letting their grill set dirty all winter (like me). ;-)