Miesian Corners

300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Is the sidewalk open along 3rd Street now?  From the construction cam, it looks as though the fencing as been moved/opened up so people can walk there.

You can walk most of the way from Tryon to church. I'll say that with the 3rd street construction, along with Church being closed across trade, you could envision a nice walkable urban area. Its been very nice. Soon we'll be back to a racetrack unfortunately. I don't get the crappy little bike lane they drew on 3rd??

They have named this oversized sidewalk/planter thing 'Bearden Promenade' btw.  I do think that is a nice touch and will be a nice stroll when complete.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seabrooke said:

Some pics I snapped today

053684A0-14E3-4242-913B-89C2FCB07654.jpeg

94286816-FACF-4034-B7C1-DF17AACD0FE6.jpeg

3FC5FFCF-9E49-4716-9CE6-B762DC3ED66B.jpeg

Gorgeous, it would be nice if they added store fronts however.

^That middle section (2 story) between Kimpton and 300 looks to be Angeline's on ground level, not sure what the second level is.  But was skimming Kimpton's website to see what the top level is and the website says 1100 sqft outdoor terrace and yoga deck.  I don't know if that includes a pool or anything but glad they are utilizing the roof part.  Been excited about this project since the beginning and looks like it should be open for reservations by November. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

^That middle section (2 story) between Kimpton and 300 looks to be Angeline's on ground level, not sure what the second level is.  But was skimming Kimpton's website to see what the top level is and the website says 1100 sqft outdoor terrace and yoga deck.  I don't know if that includes a pool or anything but glad they are utilizing the roof part.  Been excited about this project since the beginning and looks like it should be open for reservations by November. 

the 2nd level became ballroom space

• Like 1

Just now, Cadi40 said:

If only they added retail on the bottom.

There is a lot of space right across the street where Shomars used to be. I would think that'll go soon now that the street isn't blocked all the time. Maybe we'll get something there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, elrodvt said:

Yet another shot of the landscaping. When I saw the space allotted I was disappointed. But this looks pretty darn nice.

PR6abMsLDF-cGK3IsQ9Tug9nINaYMz4gv8bqZzr8Du7emf8ZRnZ0L_OSLCq4qX6wrnUEDmFCBaS05qvyvGld5nixqvu-uk2IPSR0jZV5dKNN4GeIhuBiE4SGkBzvckJtxGECCmXlOgsrpAj6pvJcm2yWgnlfB9JEXaa052OfzUr_ZGpCgLLXW3RdFPSFtw1TaEQAJ3Go8myCeEce3WXfFI6kkqGRPT3u2JF2M6tGkXAcoudp3930C4t5mpC7zCRnAWwJ4G54NrN_xFOKysq14aL80LIPpXlRwpW2epVJuPWFpKjfWe7489RXDvkR-9KQtY-GZgF-G2QqpEXLWGFi2FR0TTUX7WXFz06XXz6X9-5DMyhHnQPrUyHN2cVrR75u3sC_c6zcYH2OCeyiq-PWmRMgHLq1WP1tFaBEx2r6NcPUl1Gu7RitCEmRsyv4q0TmTXJURDqdIuAfRe102R2D8e4_5K0qy41UvRCNZ1uOc-4wP9HWynDOapklI9Y-KYzywG6Y4lRSSSna5vnWljbgq3GNMtlfbe1XTRhmbUeBZOPP8Sfup2vzdivzBd0ln1HGSyj9A8yOCohOixhkkowfW6ajdTuCf_yAcS9XGIkU_MQ=w574-h765-no

Great shots.  This would've looked even better if it were filled with flowers.

This small strip also has Jimmy Johns, K.O. Sushi, the new Italian restaurant and Ink and Ivy across the street. A quick left turn down the street brings you to the French quarter and an amazing park lined by several restaurants and a convenience store. The vacant spot next to Jimmy Johns will fill soon. Anyone that works or lives around this area is not complaining about lack of options on this small stretch, as it is well utilized.

• Like 1

If we can just calm the traffic on Church through there it'll be among the nicest areas downtown I think.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elrodvt said:

If we can just calm the traffic on Church through there it'll be among the nicest areas downtown I think.

That area (especially the 7-11) reminds me of being in parts of New York, Boston, DC). So I guess just having retail beneath high rises is what does it...

Edited by SgtCampsalot

On 9/29/2017 at 10:41 PM, elrodvt said:

A lot has changed in your 4 years at 230 S. Tryon! Hopefully Charlotte is slowely and surely living up to your expectations.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

A lot has changed in your 4 years at 230 S. Tryon! Hopefully Charlotte is slowely and surely living up to your expectations.

I can't believe it's been that long already. I almost feel sorry for him, lol. (I'm sorta kidding with you Elrodvt)

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Definitely a lot of progress on the urban front! I'm excited to see what 4 more will bring.  I thank you and other UP'rs for steering me to this location as I do think it's the best for someone who wants an urban environment. 

• Like 2