300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Miesian Corners

2 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

I agree, It would be nice if Wells Fargo put up a logo on one of there many towers.

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

with all these new bank logos people will know we are a banking center for real.  Regions, Bank of America, Ally, Barings, 5/3 now if Wells could put up a logo and I would suggest on their own Duke Energy center.   They own it put the name on it. 

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KJHburg said:

with all these new bank logos people will know we are a banking center for real.  Regions, Bank of America, Ally, Barings, 5/3 now if Wells could put up a logo and I would suggest on their own Duke Energy center.   They own it put the name on it. 

I don’t mind logos on buildings.... Except BoA Corp, Hearst, Duke & the Wells Jukebox building.

• Like 4

Yes Charlotte is very unique in that world of not having names on buildings. Almost every other city in the nation has their buildings labeled.   I agree not to put names of some of signature buildings but some of our boxier towers a name would look good.  The earliest sign on a building I think was Grant Thorton's name on Charlotte Plaza and they only had a floor or two it was crazy.   I think companies now think of it as more of marketing.  

• Like 1

I know a few people have already been up to Merchant and Trade, I'd have made it last week but apparently jeans are cool, but "athletic shoes" are not. I agree that it's a very nice space, it's a lot bigger than it appears from ground level. Honestly the hotel looks much shorter from the ground than it feels from the roof, perhaps because it is dwarfed by 300 South Tryon. It has a very warm "homey" feel and massive windows, so it still makes for a pleasant visit on a cool night, but I think where this place will truly shine is on hot summer nights where people will clamor on the patio for a cool breeze and to watch events in the park and at the Knights Stadium. 

• Like 1

wait, the new rooftop bar doesn't allow "athletic" shoes?  is this just their way to keep black people out our are they just trying to keep interesting people of all backgrounds away?  i can't wait to hear.  #bitemewithyourshoecodes #boycottdisnonsense

and people wonder about "culture" in charlotte.  

a city run by bankers.  ugh.

Edited by BullDurhamer

5 hours ago, BullDurhamer said:

wait, the new rooftop bar doesn't allow "athletic" shoes?  is this just their way to keep black people out our are they just trying to keep interesting people of all backgrounds away?  i can't wait to hear.  #bitemewithyourshoecodes #boycottdisnonsense

and people wonder about "culture" in charlotte.  

a city run by bankers.  ugh.

I mean have you seen the place? It doesn't look like a place I'd EVER wear sneakers at. I'd probably wear a blazer. Definitely not a place you should go casual at. Seriously, its not the empire state building observation deck, its a classy venue for cocktails, so leave your 5X Betty Boop Tshirt, I <3 NY Hat, and New Balance Cross Trainers at home.

Edited by Guest

I’m gonna join BullDurhamer. That sucks. Much rather have a Carolina Ale House or Hooters up there. (Not literally... but a more casual place)

But I also think that they have a good business model and people will pay a premium for the views so and they will probably get out of towners who pony up the money, so. I’ll just go once a year and Mellow Mushroom from there

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

4 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I’m gonna join BullDurhamer. That sucks. Much rather have a Carolina Ale House or Hooters up there. (Not literally... but a more casual place)

But I also think that they have a good business model and people will pay a premium for the views so and they will probably get out of towners who pony up the money, so. I’ll just go once a year and Mellow Mushroom from there

Its a 5 star hotel, the only possible thing that would ever be up there is a 5 star business. 

I'm of the opinion that I am somewhat annoyed... I wear a black T and black jeans everyday and I don't look like I'm at a backyard bbq.

They did let me in with a T-shirt on (under a winter coat) on Tuesday and were generally nice about the dress code, but I think it'll eventually go away. My buddy had to walk back to my place across the street to get some different shoes. That's otherwise lost business. 

I'm the random guy who lives across the street that would frequent the place Sun-Wed in a T and jeans bc I enjoy a nice view, vibe, and drink... But I'm not going home to change just so I can look a bit more boujee. If they start turning away prominent athletes like the Butters of old, it'll get a bad rep. Charlotte isn't quite there yet, thought I won't mind when it is.

If the place were packed on a Tuesday, I'd say it makes sense. It was hardly packed. Rather quite dead. Save the dress code for Thurs-Sat when you know it's going to be packed and let your regulars be regulars.