300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Miesian Corners

1 hour ago, Miesian Corners said:

Are there any decent night renderings of the building? Is there a final exterior lighting design?

1 hour ago, Miesian Corners said:

Are there any decent night renderings of the building? Is there a final exterior lighting design?

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

Does anyone know whether this Kimpton-or the other for that matter-will carry one of the Kimpton sub brands (Palomar or Monaco)?

There are certain things that Palomars and Monacos have that are not present in the plans, so I'm of the belief that it will be a unique branded boutique. 

Cannot WAIT to have an after work martini at that Rooftop Bar.

Will the view from the roof be looking towards Romere Bearden and BB&T Ballpark or up Church Street towards Fourth Ward? I can't tell from that rendering

7 minutes ago, UPNoDa said:

Cannot WAIT to have an after work martini at that Rooftop Bar.

Will the view from the roof be looking towards Romere Bearden and BB&T Ballpark or up Church Street towards Fourth Ward? I can't tell from that rendering

It'll have a view of both. Imagine standing at brevard court and looking west, 19 floors up. There ya go

Edited by Jayvee

From the Bar you will be able to look down at Romare Bearden and also up church towards the North West. Patio will look directly onto Bearden and I would guess that you'd have a view to the south towards southend as well, though not much of one. 

Just now, kermit said:

I would not be surprised if you could see the Blue Ridge on a nice day.

My dad had a top floor, Western facing office in 6100 Fairview back 12 years ago. There was always a great view of the Blue Ridge on nice days. I'm sure this will have a phenomenal view. Can't wait.

5 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Can someone advise the estimated value of this project?  Is it north of $100MM?

way more let me get you a number.

the 2008 iteration with a 32 floor office/residential tower and an 14 floor condo tower was $200M. This is comparable to that at 25 floors with a crown and 19 floors with a crown. I'd imagine 190-220M

Edited by Guest

Thanks.  One of Balfour's trucks crushed Jordan Moore's bike ( he's Sustain Charlotte's Bicycle Program Director).  It was parked at a bike rack and their Insurance Co. is offering a measly $150.00.  I'm thinking that they may be able to afford a little more given the magnitude of this project.  Not to mention the primary tenant is in the business of attracting talent that may also be a bit bike friendly. 

Just now, Bikeguy said:

Thanks.  One of Balfour's trucks crushed Jordan Moore's bike ( he's Sustain Charlotte's Bicycle Program Director).  It was parked at a bike rack and their Insurance Co. is offering a measly $150.00.  I'm thinking that they may be able to afford a little more given the magnitude of this project.  Not to mention the primary tenant is in the business of attracting talent that may also be a bit bike friendly. 

They probably should be offering more thats for sure. I will see if I can see if i can track down how much Balfour's contract to build is.

Edited by Guest