Miesian Corners

300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Recommended Posts


19 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It appears 300s core has overtaken Ascent Apartments. 

This tower is rising pretty fast now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miesian Corners said:

Are there any decent night renderings of the building? Is there a final exterior lighting design?

 

1 hour ago, Miesian Corners said:

Are there any decent night renderings of the building? Is there a final exterior lighting design?

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

Does anyone know whether this Kimpton-or the other for that matter-will carry one of the Kimpton sub brands (Palomar or Monaco)?

There are certain things that Palomars and Monacos have that are not present in the plans, so I'm of the belief that it will be a unique branded boutique. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

I'm pretty sure their website refers to their two new Charlotte hotels as "boutique hotels."

Kimpton is a boutique brand in general so all their properties are boutique hotels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot WAIT to have an after work martini at that Rooftop Bar.

Will the view from the roof be looking towards Romere Bearden and BB&T Ballpark or up Church Street towards Fourth Ward? I can't tell from that rendering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UPNoDa said:

Cannot WAIT to have an after work martini at that Rooftop Bar.

Will the view from the roof be looking towards Romere Bearden and BB&T Ballpark or up Church Street towards Fourth Ward? I can't tell from that rendering

It'll have a view of both. Imagine standing at brevard court and looking west, 19 floors up. There ya go

Edited by Jayvee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Bar you will be able to look down at Romare Bearden and also up church towards the North West. Patio will look directly onto Bearden and I would guess that you'd have a view to the south towards southend as well, though not much of one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kermit said:

I would not be surprised if you could see the Blue Ridge on a nice day.

My dad had a top floor, Western facing office in 6100 Fairview back 12 years ago. There was always a great view of the Blue Ridge on nice days. I'm sure this will have a phenomenal view. Can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Can someone advise the estimated value of this project?  Is it north of $100MM?

way more let me get you a number.

the 2008 iteration with a 32 floor office/residential tower and an 14 floor condo tower was $200M. This is comparable to that at 25 floors with a crown and 19 floors with a crown. I'd imagine 190-220M

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.  One of Balfour's trucks crushed Jordan Moore's bike ( he's Sustain Charlotte's Bicycle Program Director).  It was parked at a bike rack and their Insurance Co. is offering a measly $150.00.  I'm thinking that they may be able to afford a little more given the magnitude of this project.  Not to mention the primary tenant is in the business of attracting talent that may also be a bit bike friendly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bikeguy said:

Thanks.  One of Balfour's trucks crushed Jordan Moore's bike ( he's Sustain Charlotte's Bicycle Program Director).  It was parked at a bike rack and their Insurance Co. is offering a measly $150.00.  I'm thinking that they may be able to afford a little more given the magnitude of this project.  Not to mention the primary tenant is in the business of attracting talent that may also be a bit bike friendly. 

They probably should be offering more thats for sure. I will see if I can see if i can track down how much Balfour's contract to build is.

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.