300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Miesian Corners

Crane operation question: Can the crane computer calculate load mass and direction, wind, counterweight movement, lift distance, run-out distance, and other characteristics to compute for the lift? In other words the operator is along for the key points and safety only not running the full operation?

2 hours ago, CLT704 said:

From the construction cam:

Screen_Shot_2016-08-02_at_8.16.46_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2016-08-02_at_8.13.31_PM.png

Love that lightning strike in the background... This picture is very gothemesque. 

Is it fair to say the main tower has probably about 5-6 more stories left before it tops out? And if that's the case anybody have any estimates onto how long it would take to top out?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, saamh said:

Is it fair to say the main tower has probably about 5-6 more stories left before it tops out? And if that's the case anybody have any estimates onto how long it would take to top out?

By my count, based on the bucket hoist elevator, the building elevator core has been poured up to the 22nd floor.  So it may be a few more floors than 5-6 more to go...I cant remember the total count though.

• Like 1

Heres an update I got via email from Spectrum Properties developing the tower and the Kimpton hotel 

Office tower: concrete core up to 23rd floor, steel up to 21, glass up to 5

Kimpton Hotel: concrete core up to 19th, glass up to 11, 

The crane is the approximate height of the completed office building. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

Article from the Business Journal talking about  the new office towers including 300 South Tryon sounds like there is lots of interest in the space. Here is Spectrum Properties 

“Two-thirds of our activity is local activity and one-third is (from) out of town,” said Maxwell Hanks, managing director of brokerage services at Spectrum Properties.

Then here is Portman representative talking about 615 South College: " It’s phenomenal that tenants in Charlotte have an ability to be in brand-new buildings for 20% less than Atlanta,” said Garland, who works in multiple office markets with Portman Holdings. “(Charlotte) is the only market where we can do this type of project.

Both Portman and Spectrum Cornerstone folks were very positive about their leasing prospects.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, grodney said:

Is there an LED plan for this building?  I noticed a single LED bar above the entrance today...cycling through colors:

20160825_070832_zpsm3hvhqdk.jpg

20160825_070828_zps9okoxfg6.jpg

20160825_070825_zpskfm0fuih.jpg

yes. It will have a pretty cool lighting scheme all over.

Ceug8DkXEAAPwcx.jpg

Do we have any idea when they will announce the hotel brand or name? Will it be one of Kimpton's main brands - Palomar or Monaco - or one of their uniquely named individual boutique hotels? Same question goes for the Dilworth site if anyone is in the know. I'm sure they both will be nice - Kimpton has never disappointed me.

On another note, I never realized until today that Winston-Salem beat Charlotte at scoring a Kimpton Hotel. The Kimpton Cardinal Hotel occupies part of the Reynolds Building now - opened in April.

8 hours ago, ScottCLT said:

Do we have any idea when they will announce the hotel brand or name? Will it be one of Kimpton's main brands - Palomar or Monaco - or one of their uniquely named individual boutique hotels? Same question goes for the Dilworth site if anyone is in the know. I'm sure they both will be nice - Kimpton has never disappointed me.

On another note, I never realized until today that Winston-Salem beat Charlotte at scoring a Kimpton Hotel. The Kimpton Cardinal Hotel occupies part of the Reynolds Building now - opened in April.

So did Savannah, GA, by like 3 or so years. They also have had a Kessler Collection and a Andaz for like 5 years.