300 South Tryon and Kimpton Hotel

Miesian Corners

52 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Referring to slide 20.  I hope the lower and upper levels aren't both yoga decks.  Since this Kimpton is very dog-friendly, I could have envisioned a pocket park type thing for patrons and/or dogs on one of those levels (while keeping one for the yoga deck).  Or a pool/sundeck.  But that's just me being picky.  Overall, still super excited about this and can't wait for it to open next month.  

Edit: Just thought of this.  Unless one deck is for the Kimpton and the lower deck is for workers at 300?

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

7 hours ago, southslider said:

I see a lot of stakes and rope. Perhaps, planting strips are not the best design in a dense walking environment. 

I think that's for the sake of protecting unfinished work on the linear park.?

It's nice and relatively unobtrusive in person. The area to walk is pretty wide. It was nice enough and wide enough for me to move to the side as one of our more hostile, less mentally healthy outdoor residents paused his yelling at "somebody" long enough to admire it and say "This is beautiful.....really nice". 

It's having a peaceful effect already!

• Like 2

On 10/18/2017 at 9:17 AM, KJHburg said:

If they would have topped it off with a pool it would’ve been great. 

• Like 1

West 3rd Street between South Church Street and South Tryon Street will close on Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 7 a.m. and will reopen on Monday, October 23, 2017 at 6 a.m. South Mint Street, West Stonewall Street and South Tryon Street should be utilized as the detour. This closure is necessary for setting segments of solid granite with a mobile crane at Linear Park for the 300 South Tryon Street project.

I'm guessing this will protect the park.

Any UPer who makes it up to the top of the Kimpton in the next few weeks needs to take lots of skyline shots (I will be travelling some and will not make for a few weeks) . So please go and take photos like a tourist!  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/10/31/sneak-peek-inside-new-restaurant-rooftop-lounge.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=scroll&ed=2017-10-31&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1509479355&j=79090371

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Any UPer who makes it up to the top of the Kimpton in the next few weeks needs to take lots of skyline shots (I will be travelling some and will not make for a few weeks) . So please go and take photos like a tourist!  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/10/31/sneak-peek-inside-new-restaurant-rooftop-lounge.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=scroll&ed=2017-10-31&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1509479355&j=79090371

I'm going to try to go there Saturday Night. Wish me luck

2 minutes ago, Scribe said:

CLT Biz Journal is on top of it... https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/10/31/sneak-peek-inside-new-restaurant-rooftop-lounge.html

I am staying there this weekend, for the grand opening, maybe I will get some decent shots...

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/107765/first-look-inside-angelines-merchant-trade-uptowns-newest-restaurant-rooftop-bar-opening-next-week/

Agenda posted a week ago...but yeah the space is just unreal

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

he rooftop place is closed on Sundays

Except on game days (Panthers!) I am pretty certain that if there is enough demand it will be open every Sunday!

3 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

You wouldn't believe the politics involved in getting the shots.

I do not doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...