601 11th Ave. North (former LifeWay HQ) in Capitol View, 9 stories, 250,000 sq. ft.

markhollin

3 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

Not saying this is actually what is going on, but have you ever seen a lot go through final grading with utility poles in the middle of it? The contractor doesn't wait for the poles to be moved, he just grades the site and leaves the poles on small piles of soil barely larger than the pole diameter itself.

I don't think I've ever seen a structure partially finished with a billboard sticking out of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, TNinVB said:

That billboard! Are they seriously going to leave it there???

I think that is my favorite part about this development. I keep looking for updates to see if the billboard is still there. Billboardgate 2017

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

What direction is this? I don't recognize where those houses on the hill in the background are located. 

^^Correct about Fern St. on the left and above that is the new warehouse building at the I-24/I-65 split. Skyline Medical Center is in the top right corner. Pic taken from midtown parking garage

• Like 1

Looks like you are right. I had no idea these were there. 

IMG_1020.PNG

I always thought that area needed some sprucing up. Especially the Trinity lane area off of I-65. Is there any plans for that area? Heck is the interstate construction done at least?? 

19 hours ago, TNinVB said:

Oh wow I didn't realize those type of houses where in that area. They remind me of the houses on the hill at the I-40/440 interchange. Are they new? I was home last July and it seems like so much has changed in just a year. 

A friend and I rode up through that neighborhood about 6 months ago, and many of those multi-level houses appeared to be under construction at that point. It's fascinating to see those trendy places being built next door to occupied homes that, literally, are on the verge of collapse. That neighborhood is experiencing big-time changes. The views of downtown from that hillside are amazing, so it's no wonder it's become popular.

• Like 1