601 11th Ave. North (former LifeWay HQ) in Capitol View, 9 stories, 250,000 sq. ft.

markhollin

• 1 month later...

4 hours ago, AronG said:

I wonder how much money the billboard brings in...

I suppose it only uses the space of one or two spots per level in what I assume will be an employee garage, so I guess it would be an easy (although unorthodox) source of revenue. I wonder how much it cost to build the garage around it, though...

Yeah, I don't know anything about how billboard real estate is handled but it stands out like a sore thumb and there has to have been some hilarious wrangling over it. I just wonder what a big billboard next to a downtown interstate brings in. Like $1,000/month? $10,000/month? Why are there not more of them? Are they regulated? So many questions...

2 hours ago, AronG said:

Yeah, I don't know anything about how billboard real estate is handled but it stands out like a sore thumb and there has to have been some hilarious wrangling over it. I just wonder what a big billboard next to a downtown interstate brings in. Like $1,000/month? $10,000/month? Why are there not more of them? Are they regulated? So many questions...

The billboard lobby is strong.Incredible Hulk strong. There will never be regulations.

I'm guessing that someone had signed a really long lease with the previous landowner to operate a billboard on the property and the amount of money they wanted to "go away" was a price the seller nor Lifeway was willing to pay.  So...voila...a billboard surrounded by a parking garage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking north from intersection of George L. Davis Blvd. and Nelson Merry St:

LifeWay 1, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Looking NW from corner of Jo Johnston Ave. and 11th Ave. North:

LifeWay 2, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Looking NE from coner of George L. Davis Blvd. and Jo Johnston Ave:

LifeWay 3, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Plenty of street activation along Jo Johnston Ave.  I believe this is where the flagship LifeWay Bookstore will be located.

LifeWay 4, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

Looking south from corner of Clinton St. and 11th Ave. North:

LifeWay 5, Sept 29, 2017.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...