Crescent Demonbreun - 410' - 35 stories - Blasting

smeagolsfree

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Guys, wet your whistle on this one. Crescent Demonbreun mixed use tower at 35 stories in the spot that Turnberry would have built the office tower. Would rise 35 stories and be 410' tall.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20493740/mixeduse-skyscraper-eyed-for-sobro-site

UNohZ3P.png

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

OK Guys, wet your whistle on this one. Crescent Demonbreun mixed use tower at 35 stories in the spot that Turnberry would have built the office tower. Would rise 35 stories and be 410' tall.

Love it! Much better than an empty lot. I have a front row seat for this one, too!

(Don't worry, I'll share. ;) )

EDIT: 410 feet. Essentially tied with the 409' L&C Tower, per the Post article.

This Crescent Demonbreun appears to be 34 stories on the east side (facing the JW Marriott), and 39 stories on the west side (facing Cummins Station), with a central arched fin that will reach at least another story tall sandwiched in between.  The overall tower seems to be angled off of Demonbreun at about a 30 degree slant toward 8th Avenue. This will  cause an effect where it will be nearly "kissing" the southwestern curve on the hotel. This will look awesome when heading south on 8th avenue and coming from the east on Demonbreun. Overall, I think it's a pretty cool design, although it would've been great if they could've retained the curved synchronistic design that would've flowed with the original design for the Marriott and then-office tower.  

I'm not too pleased with the parking garage at the base---not very imaginative at all.

Here are two additional renderings.

Crescent Demonbreun render 2, April 2016.jpg

Crescent Demonbreun render 3, April 2016.png

I like it.   That will make quite an impact at that location.   What a little cluster there at 8th/Demonbreun with this, the Westin and JWM, the Cambria and, possibly Embassy Suites. 

Crescent Communities is the same developer doing the mixed use project on Division at I-40.    

From the Post article:

"According to documents, the highrise would offer two levels of underground parking, one floor of ground-level retail space, six floors of above-grade parking and 28 stories of residential units.

To rise about 410 feet, Crescent Demonbreun will be bathed in concrete, two colors of stucco and glass, according to the documents. The building, if standing today, would rank among Nashville’s six tallest, essentially tied with the 409-foot-tall L&C Tower."

Glad to see the proposals keep coming in for Nashville.

Maybe this question has been asked, so forgive me if I missed it, but, with all these proposals coming in at 30 to 40 stories, has Nashville created an artificial restriction that is making developers gun shy of submitting proposals with fewer buildings but taller in height?  Is it really more cost effective to build a four building complex ranging in height of 20-40 stories than to build a single tower that is 50-60 stories?  Or twin towers at 50 stories each if when you combine a four building complex you end up with 100 stories split among those buildings.  Why not create more green space and/or open promenades for those buildings by building taller?  Green space and promenades give people places to gather at lunch, sit and read, or just have conversation.  You can also use them for art and fountains that make street level more interesting and inviting.  Not all buildings need to be built literally to the sidewalk.

Will any developer ever be bold enough to propose 50 stories or taller and truly pursue it?  Will the city ever send developers back to the table and say consider an option of building taller instead of building a multi-building complex?  Don't answer that last question, I think I know the answer... LOL

• dmillsphoto changed the title to Crescent Demonbreun - 410' - 35 stories - Blasting

New NBJ article states that developers are looking at these 325 units having some of the highest rents in town to justify the cost of land and construction. Very upscale. 

Some additional new info: "The building will contain 550 parking spaces for residents and another 160 spaces for the public, a feature that grants developers up to six stories beyond the 30 allowed by the site's existing zoning." So, 710 parking spaces total in the 8 levels of parking (2 below ground, 6 above).

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/04/exclusivedowntowns-newest-100m-skyscraper-banks-on.html

Also some additional info in new Tennessean article from this afternoon. 

"The development team is working closely with Turnberry Associates to create synergy between the retail uses at both buildings, although he said it was too early to reveal specific tenant details. Plans would likely include outdoor dining and valet for restaurant customers.

Plans include shared plazas between the hotel and the residential tower.

Pearl Street and Crescent Communities are working with Atlanta-based The Preston Partnership on the project's design work."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2016/04/19/crescent-demonbreun-project-feature-luxury-apartments/83237416/

15 minutes ago, markhollin said:

"The development team is working closely with Turnberry Associates to create synergy between the retail uses at both buildings, although he said it was too early to reveal specific tenant details. Plans would likely include outdoor dining and valet for restaurant customers.

Plans include shared plazas between the hotel and the residential tower.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2016/04/19/crescent-demonbreun-project-feature-luxury-apartments/83237416/

Very good to hear.  I was curious how the space between the two towers would look.  If done right I think that could become a very nice little public space for the city.

54 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

I'm intrigued that the Crescent residential property on Division in The Gulch merited such a low-rise, yet this property gets one nearly ten times the height.

This quote from the NBJ article says it all: "It took us so long to find the right site. Trust me, we were not looking for high-rise sites over on Division Street, or Music Row, or even Germantown," Pascarella said. "You have to be in the core to have a real chance at high success."

14 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Very good to hear.  I was curious how the space between the two towers would look.  If done right I think that could become a very nice little public space for the city.

Great opportunity if they play it right. Last thing we need is another one of these:

SeryW2.jpg

2 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

Combined. Makes sense to me for now. Edited the title.

After all, they both in effect are born from the same egg, so to speak.  "Conjoined" but separated before birth, as it were.  I guess in time, our minds gradually will become dissociated from an entire Turnberry block.

NBJ has a little more on this project.  Struck me that there are now 40 projects in Nashville with a price of $100M or greater!!!!  That's just the "Top 40".  There could be in excess of $6 billion in construction underway in Nashville. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/04/exclusivedowntowns-newest-100m-skyscraper-banks-on.html

Archived