Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kermit

Seversville Projects and News

10 posts in this topic

I was on the greenway this past weekend as well and noticed the same things. I am trying to convince my gf that we should move near there but she thinks it might be unsafe. Anyone have any insight on how to change her mind?

5 minutes ago, jwintim said:

I was on the greenway this past weekend as well and noticed the same things. I am trying to convince my gf that we should move near there but she thinks it might be unsafe. Anyone have any insight on how to change her mind?

Not much to do now, but once Blue Blaze opens the 'general neighborhood vibe' is going to change very quickly.

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, jwintim said:

I would recommend driving around the area at night and making up your mind based on that. There are lots of political correctness fanatics around so  I will reserve my personal opinion. Have a nice trip. Regardless, I think that someday the area might be safe. I went to elementary school at the old Seversville Elementary.

Edited by caterpillar2

Posted (edited)

political correctness fanatics or not, the market has spoken. There are several houses on State street (less than a block from Blaze) which have sold for more than $350,000 in the past year. When was the last time you were back in your former 'hood?

Visiting a neighborhood at night is sage advice for any home purchase.

Edited by kermit

So I have actually been buying as many rentals in this area (Smallwood/ Biddleville) over the past year. There is plenty of demand for new homes in this area. The 2 new townhome communities announced (129+ units) will help get alot more people in the neighborhood. The more homeowners out walking dogs, working in the yard the better. I wouldnt say the area is safe at night currently but I feel comfortable during the day driving around talking to neighbors. There are alot of single women and young adults buying in these neighborhoods because of the prices and location. What neighborhoods can you buy a 2000sqft new construction home surrounding downtown for less than 400k? Dilworth? Cherry? Elizabeth? Midwood?  In my area, Roslyn/Trade they are starting to sell 400k+ new construction homes. You can still find some smaller for 300k. A year ago you could buy a home and tear it down for 40-50k, that same home will be 80-100k today.

I think the brewery will help get better renters as well as more homeowners in the neighborhood. The Gold line is what most people are waiting on and then the area will start to change like Villa Heights/Belmont/Noda. There is alot of construction in the area now and alot of older homeowners that will be moving on. 2-3 Years this area will see a drastic change IMO, I hope im right!!

^ agree completely.  Extending the Stewart Creek Greenway upstream to Lakewood, Thomasboro, and ultimately to the Whitewater Center can only help.

I wouldnt touch lakewood, thomasboro for 10+ years. Enderly park is the next to boom once wesley heights, seversville, smallwood/biddleville change more. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, kermit said:

political correctness fanatics or not, the market has spoken. There are several houses on State street (less than a block from Blaze) which have sold for more than $350,000 in the past year. When was the last time you were back in your former 'hood?

Visiting a neighborhood at night is sage advice for any home purchase.

I have only driven up my old streets in the area which included Grandin Road, Tuckaseegee Road,  and Rozzell's Ferry while heading some place else. My friend owns a bar on Tuckaseegee Road near States Street and I go there occasionally (once a year maybe). I am really glad to see that there are expensive homes n State Street as that whole area is so close in to town. Since the trolley will eventually head that way, it would be nice if someday it could be a safe destination for everyone that chooses to head that way after dark. I'm glad to see the changes that are occurring in Wesley Heights. My philosophy is that I wouldn't live in a place that my wife wouldn't be very safe walking home by herself at night. I don't think that part of Westside is there yet. Thing is, I am a walker and walk everywhere possible. Most people aren't and would not care about walkability as much as me. So my opinion is relative.

Edited by caterpillar2

My political fanatic sister and her husband recently bought a house in Bryant Park and they freaking love it.  But again, she's a damn fanatic, so no telling what kind of crazy stuff shes cooking up.