Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tarhoosier

Elmwood cemetery

2 posts in this topic

I will provide this in this location as the Music Factory area appears ready to veer into another direction. My comments are unnecessary on the topic of Confederacy memory. I will just say that in the Elmwood Confederate burial area there is a monument with these words from Robert E. Lee.:

The truth is this: The march of Providence is so slow, and our desires so impatient; the work of progress is so immense and our means of aiding it so feeble; the life of humanity is so long, that of the individual so brief, that we often see only the ebb of the advancing wave and are thus discouraged. It is history that teaches us to hope

18 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

I will provide this in this location as the Music Factory area appears ready to veer into another direction. My comments are unnecessary on the topic of Confederacy memory. I will just say that in the Elmwood Confederate burial area there is a monument with these words from Robert E. Lee.:

The truth is this: The march of Providence is so slow, and our desires so impatient; the work of progress is so immense and our means of aiding it so feeble; the life of humanity is so long, that of the individual so brief, that we often see only the ebb of the advancing wave and are thus discouraged. It is history that teaches us to hope

That's a great quote. Thanks for sharing.