1200 Broadway (27 stories, 313 residential units, 66,000 sq. ft. office, 46,000 sq. ft. Whole Foods, 485 capacity garage)

claya91

Good question! I believe the developer actually said before e.o.y. (or did I confuse with another one?).  I really have no way to know, but these out-of-town developers are all business when they announce a project.  I'll say under 200 days, for no other reason than that.  Now if it were a local yokel, that might be 200 + 200 days. 

16 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Good question! I believe the developer actually said before e.o.y. (or did I confuse with another one?).  I really have no way to know, but these out-of-town developers are all business when they announce a project.  I'll say under 200 days, for no other reason than that.  Now if it were a local yokel, that might be 200 + 200 days. 

What's up with that? I mean, it seems to happen all the time. Is it because the out of town developers are simply more serious about getting projects out of the ground, and sitting on property/plans a couple hundred miles away is just more of a waste of time and money, or is it just that they have more resources to bring to bear? I'd think it'd be the opposite (proximity making it easier to deal with paperwork, government hoops, etc.), but it's apparently just not the case.

I think it's a combo... the out of towners who can go to other markets have access to deeper pockets often because they follow a model that has succeeded elsewhere. Or they're simply bigger and more experienced, so they have more assets to collateralize and/or banks have more confidence in them.  Those who have come to Nashville (from out of town) tend to follow a pattern originated somewhere else (their hometowns) and they can point to success there, as well as numbers that point to similar trends in Nashville.  The same pattern yields a formula too that allows quicker starts (cookie cutter, if you will) and time to market. Also, I can only guess but I would think they go about their business acquiring property over a period of time that's probably similar to the locals, but because their names aren't as well-known locally (by the media et.al.) they might not get called by media folks as soon. So perhaps because of that, they have done more planning by the time their announcement is public.  On the other hand, I think the locals tend to enjoy the "big splash" of an announcement before all the "I"s are dotted and "T"s are crossed. With a bit of fairness to Emery, the old CC redevelopment must be very complex, and I don't see how he could have avoided a premature announcement of his involvement and plans in that project, especially since that is a publicly owned facility. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I would think we will see the former Mazda dealership structures coming down fairly soon to make way for excavation of the Endeavor site.

Looking south from Porter Street towards the back of the old car dealership structure:

Endeavor_back_lot,_June,_2016.JPG

Looking SE from George L. Davis (the frontage road along the east side of I-40/65), just north of the intersection with Broadway:

Endeavor_site,_March,_2016.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

So...he states a 4th quarter ground-breaking...and I assume he mean 4th quarter 2016 since he says it will take 24-25 months to build with a late 2018 / early 2019 opening...but also states they haven't started on the financing end because they were waiting to close on the Whole Foods news.  Guess I don't see how there will be a 4th quarter ground breaking.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, bmkTN said:

So pumped to hear this!  Once nice grocery stores start opening downtown the residential growth in the core will explode even more.  Oh, and having a 300(ish) foot tall tower right next to the interstate will be pretty sweet too.

Dang tootin'!! Wonder if anyone under 50 has heard that expression.... 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...