1200 Broadway (27 stories, 313 residential units, 66,000 sq. ft. office, 46,000 sq. ft. Whole Foods, 485 capacity garage)

claya91

2 hours ago, Philip said:

That's been happening a lot though. The Pinnacle seemed odd to me when it was under construction, but now it's surrounded by other tall buildings. Same thing with the Westin.

It's still crazy to think all of these areas were either a maze of surface lots or 1-2 story buildings not even 10 years ago.

BTW, wouldn't Nashville Yards and Endeavor Demonbreun eventually compliment this project?

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, urbanplanet17 said:

It's still crazy to think all of these areas were either a maze of surface lots or 1-2 story buildings not even 10 years ago.

BTW, wouldn't Nashville Yards and Endeavor Demonbreun eventually compliment this project?

Along with whatever eventually gets built on the Tennessean and Exxon station sites, years down the road. 

21 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

What about the land north of endeavor and south of HCA building?

NES? I'm sure they will sell that, eventually. And that should make a rather large difference. That would really tie Capitol View, Nashville Yards and Endeavor together. Add in the new proposal at the old Deja Vu site, and The Gulch is going to seem a lot more cohesive...and long.

• Like 4

On 8/6/2017 at 10:42 AM, wreynol4 said:

What about the land north of endeavor and south of HCA building?

As best I can tell, it looks like all the property roughly between Endeavor and the Capitol View project is either on the market or being targeted for development -- minus the NES property, which unfortunately is a pretty sizeable chunk. Even with NES out of the picture, there are still some big parcels available in that neighborhood.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rookzie said:

In any event, it's too bad that there is no mechanism in place to protect that structure from being razed ─ a beautiful mix of Beaux Arts Revival and Art Deco, and built during the same period as the Kefauver Fed. C.H. , the Sullivan Tower, and the State Library / Archives Bldg., all just after I was born.

yes, i really like the NES building.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 2:57 PM, smeagolsfree said:

I have heard for sometime that NES was entertaining the thought of putting their property on the market, but that could have been the rumor mill run amuck.

I was at NES the other day and was talking to an unnamed person. He said they are entertaining the idea of moving, likely to the Metro center area, but it would be within the next 10 years. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...