claya91

Endeavor/1200 Broadway, 27 stories, residential/office/retail

7 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

FTFY. They're called Bird for a reason.

The scooters don't fly. The riders fly after the scooters hit potholes, curbs, and cars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

The scooters don't fly. The riders fly after the scooters hit potholes, curbs, and cars.

Yep, I've seen a number of people fly after hitting the little rocks, divots, holes, etc. And then they fall down and go boom. I have absolutely no sympathy for stupidity.

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yep, I've seen a number of people fly after hitting the little rocks, divots, holes, etc. And then they fall down and go boom. I have absolutely no sympathy for stupidity.

We took a walking food tour through Germantown once and scooters are very popular there.  To me, it makes sense if they are confined in small pocket communities where they can safely traverse a few blocks where the sidewalk/road infrastructure allows it.  Having them downtown flying on roads and sidewalks that have been torn up and poorly replaced by Metro is dangerous and I too have seen some spills.  I think there would be more reported accidents if the idiots who fell weren't too embarrassed to report it.  LOL

• Like 1

I think there would be more reported accidents if the idiots who fell weren't too embarrassed to report it.  LOL.”

OR the reason could be that the idiots who fell were so drunk that reporting the fall would result in arrest for public drunkenness!

• Like 2

You mean the bridge north of Opryland? I think it's a funny coincidence that it's called Duke Fuqua bridge, which is the name of the B-school at Duke university (no "bridge" in the name).  I have wanted to get a photo of the brass plaque affixed to the corners of the bridge and frame it... but that's not going to happen. Too dangerous! But then, I digress. Can you really see this building from that bridge? Seems far and too low. 

Home

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

I suspect he meant the the west side of Briley just north of I-40. There’s a fleeting, although nice, view of downtown from that bridge. 

• Like 1

That reminds me... a probably little known spot for a good distance skyline photo is the parking lot of the Madison Campus Church in Madison, which sits atop a hill next to the TriStar Skyline Madison hospital.  I know this because when I was a child, that is where my family and I went to church, and I always loved the view that awaited me when we got out of the car.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The skyline view from the north is great! Wish someone would post regular shots from the Fern overpass. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

I suspect he meant the the west side of Briley just north of I-40. There’s a fleeting, although nice, view of downtown from that bridge. 

Yes, right before Centennial Blvd.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

What in the f**k is that crap? Gross...

It reminds me of the new facade on the library garage. 

That's immediately what I thought, too. I must say I prefer the bolder colors on the library garage, but I'm cool with this.