1200 Broadway (27 stories, 313 residential units, 66,000 sq. ft. office, 46,000 sq. ft. Whole Foods, 485 capacity garage)

claya91

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, chris holman said:

Screenshot_2018-07-30-16-35-30~2.png

15 hours ago, chris holman said:

58b6ea4959c17_Endeavorrender2Feb2017.png.e4d540aba7147e6a411dda3d99213f49.png.284ddc8580f22a3ea14d097d6678ed85 (1).png

Can't wait for the day that these utility lines are buried. Boggles my mind the city does not require the developer to work with the utility companies to bury these. Funny how much more presence this thing has in the render knowing that they aren't showing any of those dangling utility lines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Can't wait for the day that these utility lines are buried. Boggles my mind the city does not require the developer to work with the utility companies to bury these. Funny how much more presence this thing has in the render knowing that they aren't showing any of those dangling utility lines.

I have seen it mentioned here in various post that the underground utilities is not going to happen any time soon. Something about adverse cost. I might be misinformed, but I do recall many people advocating the idea. Heck, I lived in Oxford GA for 5 years and all of the utilities in our rural subdivision were underground. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SumnerCountian said:

I have seen it mentioned here in various post that the underground utilities is not going to happen any time soon. Something about adverse cost. I might be misinformed, but I do recall many people advocating the idea. Heck, I lived in Oxford GA for 5 years and all of the utilities in our rural subdivision were underground. 

Its always going to be more expensive to bury the utilities than not, but I personally believe it is more of a necessity for cities. It sucks that the people in charge believe that this will effect development that much, these development groups have so much money that moving a couple utility lines isn't going to kill their plans. Especially these corporate relocations. Alot of residential subdivisions are going that route, it is much more aesthetically pleasing and more reliable because storms have less of an impact on them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Its always going to be more expensive to bury the utilities than not, but I personally believe it is more of a necessity for cities. It sucks that the people in charge believe that this will effect development that much, these development groups have so much money that moving a couple utility lines isn't going to kill their plans. Especially these corporate relocations. Alot of residential subdivisions are going that route, it is much more aesthetically pleasing and more reliable because storms have less of an impact on them.

It’ll be more expensive short term, but long term it would save all parties involved some money. Less power outages not having to worry about down poles and lines or any kind of ice related incidents during the winter. 

• Like 3

Now's the time to do it though. If they are buried while everything is under construction then the cost is a whole lot less than if they try to bury them once everything is in place.  It kind of like running speaker wire in the walls of your house....if you do it before the drywall goes in it is much, much cheaper than if you wait to do it until after the drywall is in and the walls are painted. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

It kind of like running speaker wire in the walls of your house....if you do it before the drywall goes in it is much, much cheaper than if you wait to do it until after the drywall is in and the walls are painted

If only Sonos existed for power...

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, e-dub said:

Ah, so that's what that thing was. I'd never seen a crane disassembler, but there it was just lounging as I was doing my rounds this morning.

U6q7XYj.jpg

I think they use those for assembling them too. 

Does the removal of this crane mean that the construction of the garage is mainly done and it’s mostly just the tower now?

• Like 1