1200 Broadway (27 stories, 313 residential units, 66,000 sq. ft. office, 46,000 sq. ft. Whole Foods, 485 capacity garage)

claya91

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yep, I've seen a number of people fly after hitting the little rocks, divots, holes, etc. And then they fall down and go boom. I have absolutely no sympathy for stupidity.

We took a walking food tour through Germantown once and scooters are very popular there.  To me, it makes sense if they are confined in small pocket communities where they can safely traverse a few blocks where the sidewalk/road infrastructure allows it.  Having them downtown flying on roads and sidewalks that have been torn up and poorly replaced by Metro is dangerous and I too have seen some spills.  I think there would be more reported accidents if the idiots who fell weren't too embarrassed to report it.  LOL

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, titanhog said:

I will say this much...one is on West End and the other is not (but you can see it from there).  Both will be very nice if the developer gets what they are looking for. 

So it's obviously GBT stuff you're talking about and one of the projects is going to be the Firestone spot on Broadway.  I'm just very curious as to what the other is.  Did they say if both projects would go public this year? 

One of the spots that I'm most anxious to hear something on is the triangle spot at the Broad/West End split.  Same group owns the whole thing there now.  That whole area will look CRAZY if that gets developed into something prominent on the heels of Broadwest.

• Like 4

You mean the bridge north of Opryland? I think it's a funny coincidence that it's called Duke Fuqua bridge, which is the name of the B-school at Duke university (no "bridge" in the name).  I have wanted to get a photo of the brass plaque affixed to the corners of the bridge and frame it... but that's not going to happen. Too dangerous! But then, I digress. Can you really see this building from that bridge? Seems far and too low. 

Home

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

That reminds me... a probably little known spot for a good distance skyline photo is the parking lot of the Madison Campus Church in Madison, which sits atop a hill next to the TriStar Skyline Madison hospital.  I know this because when I was a child, that is where my family and I went to church, and I always loved the view that awaited me when we got out of the car.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1