1200 Broadway (27 stories, 313 residential units, 66,000 sq. ft. office, 46,000 sq. ft. Whole Foods, 485 capacity garage)

claya91

17 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Just Say NO to the Corny Cowboy!

OMG! How did I miss this? That mural is hideous! Someone please tell me Metro had the good sense to send them back to the drawing board.

Via the Nashville Post:

Mural_1.5ce56d54a7ff8.jpg.eb8a5f9c5f88f30b0e72180f2e7e7288.jpg

Update: Unfortunately (but unsurprisingly) the powers that be at Metro have no taste (or eyes for that matter) and allowed it. See approval here.

Edited by NashWellington11

42 minutes ago, NashWellington11 said:

OMG! How did I miss this? That mural is hideous! Someone please tell me Metro had the good sense to send them back to the drawing board.

Via the Nashville Post:

Mural_1.5ce56d54a7ff8.jpg.eb8a5f9c5f88f30b0e72180f2e7e7288.jpg

Update: Unfortunately (but unsurprisingly) the powers that be at Metro have no taste (or eyes for that matter) and allowed it. See approval here.

It’s terrible. It’d be one thing if the skyline or lower broad was the background, but the mountains and wildflowers stick out like a sore thumb. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

It’s awful.      “Cowboy Taking Wiz in Rocky Mountains” or whatever it’s called is just so wrong there. 

Agreed. It is such a prominent intersection and will be one of the first things people see when they are heading downtown. It is made even more unfortunate in that it is going to be VERY visible for the foreseeable future. If it was on a blank wall abutting an undeveloped site that could later cover it or at a less prominent intersection, I would be less outraged. We will all be staring at this hideous thing for decades! 

1 hour ago, NashWellington11 said:

Agreed. It is such a prominent intersection and will be one of the first things people see when they are heading downtown. It is made even more unfortunate in that it is going to be VERY visible for the foreseeable future. If it was on a blank wall abutting an undeveloped site that could later cover it or at a less prominent intersection, I would be less outraged. We will all be staring at this hideous thing for decades! 

Curious that the email from Endeavor to the Planning Commission states that Endeavor was "required" to put a mural on the wall.     I'm not sure what requirement that would be.         

What about just this on the wall?  

Image result for Whole Foods logo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve noticed they’ve started paving the sidewalks along Broadway now. Hopefully they can get rid of those barriers soon. 

Edit: this made me think to check their website. They have some more info up now. How does 1808/month for a 467 sq ft studio sound? Tours start on the week of the 16th.

1200broadway.com 

Edited by Craiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Craiger said:

I’ve noticed they’ve started paving the sidewalks along Broadway now. Hopefully they can get rid of those barriers soon. 

Edit: this made me think to check their website. They have some more info up now. How does 1808/month for a 467 sq ft studio sound? Tours start on the week of the 16th.

1200broadway.com 

I know I will not be living downtown unless I win the Mega millions lottery, but I have to play I first.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I know I will not be living downtown unless I win the Mega millions lottery, but I have to play I first.

With 20/20 hindsight, the pre-construction price of $200,000 for a 1300 square feet, two bedroom at The Exchange in 2004 was quite a deal. (I did not purchase.) As an investment, it probably would have been a wise purchase. As a place to live, not the best choice for me.

8 hours ago, Craiger said:

1200broadway.com 

Where are you seeing individual floor plans and pricing? 

LOL... I'm called "Kill Joy" in my office because I always ask the questions about the downside. So here I ask: "What are these developers/owners going to do when the AllianceBernstein & Amazon transfers say, 'damn, i can have a house and a yard in brentwood/hendersonville/donelson/mt.juliet/bellevue et.al. for next to nothing!!?!'" 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Yes, and I'm sure they already have that in Manhattan. 

But presumably most of these folks are transferring in order to keep their cushy jobs, not because they have the opportunity to live in a place in which they can afford an aluminum sided house in a far flung exurb.   I mean, I'm sure some of them will, but the presumption that the single family house in the burbs is just automatically the more attractive option is misguided, in my opinion.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

But presumably most of these folks are transferring in order to keep their cushy jobs, not because they have the opportunity to live in a place in which they can afford an aluminum sided house in a far flung exurb.   I mean, I'm sure some of them will, but the presumption that the single family house in the burbs is just automatically the more attractive option is misguided, in my opinion.  

And yet there are far more single family houses in the burbs being built than there are high-rise flats being built downtown.  I'm sure many of AllianceBernstein's executives will prefer to live downtown, but I'm equally sure that many--particularly those with families--will use this move to Nashville as an opportunity to live in a large house in a nice suburb with good schools and room for gardens and pools, something they could never have in NYC.  Speaking just from what I know, I can see Mt Juliet really reaping the benefit as it has beautifully upscale neighborhoods, excellent schools, and a commuter train that deposits people just a couple of blocks away from AllianceBernstein's HQ downtown.  There are already a lot of Bridgestone executives who've made the move to MJ and take the train into town, and I bet there will be more than a few AB workers who will do likewise.

• Like 4

This has turned into some sort of weird urban vs exurban argument. The original question was basically “what will these develops do when they realize nobody wants to live there” and I think it’s fairly obvious that’s not going to happen. Nashville is not going to have empty 30 story apartment building in the near future. 

• Like 3