1200 Broadway (27 stories, 313 residential units, 66,000 sq. ft. office, 46,000 sq. ft. Whole Foods, 485 capacity garage)

claya91

Okay... out of intense curiosity (as if I have the time)... how do you get those individual pics embedded from those thumbnails on the NBJ site?  Is that something Chrome does not allow?  

The difference between the old and new designs is subtle, but I like the new just a tad better. Also, I think having the W.F. at the opposite corner (east side) will be a better location for their entrance. 

Edited by MLBrumby

34 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Okay... out of intense curiosity (as if I have the time)... how do you get those individual pics embedded from those thumbnails on the NBJ site?  Is that something Chrome does not allow?  

If he does it like I do, its simply using the snipping tool and transferring the images over to here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Thanks BHibbs... I think Chrome restricts me on that one. I managed to manipulate it for the first post, but henceforth I'll defer to those more expert in the practice. 

I use chrome here at work as well, your browser shouldnt effect it.
If you are using windows follow this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

• Like 2

Why does it make the building more marketable by adding 2 floors of office space? I get the over built multi-family supply, but it seems adding just 2-floors of office space is a minor change to the overall mix. I love the new additional floor designs for the commercial...makes me wish the entire building was commercial.

...Maybe Whole Foods wants a built-in shopper-base and they want them to keep the apartments.

Edited by Guest

All we hear about is how supply influx is cutting into the scale of residential projects, yet rental prices continue to hold steady (only down 1% over past 6 mos). Seems to me construction costs are becoming real the barrier to entry, rather than competition.

Edited by claya91
  • Like 2

Office Space....30 to 40 a Sq. Ft....Apartments 2 to 3 a sq. ft. More bang for the buck and it works for a smaller company that does not need a lot of space and amenities the larger buildings would have.

Typically those office tenants would sign a five year lease too. Just a simple thing to modify the floors and make a lot more money. I am glad we are seeing these true mixed use buildings start. It has been happening in other larger cities for a long time.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Office Space....30 to 40 a Sq. Ft....Apartments 2 to 3 a sq. ft. More bang for the buck and it works for a smaller company that does not need a lot of space and amenities the larger buildings would have.

Typically those office tenants would sign a five year lease too. Just a simple thing to modify the floors and make a lot more money. I am glad we are seeing these true mixed use buildings start. It has been happening in other larger cities for a long time.

Office space is quoted on an annual basis, not per month, so that 30-40 becomes 2.5-3.33 per sq per month.

• Like 1

Beat me to it. What he said ^^^

My apartment equates to an office lease at $32.5 sq ft. It's true that office space is generally leased for longer terms, but there other landlord cost considerations such as tenant improvement allowances.

Edited by SoundScan

1 hour ago, claya91 said:

All we hear about is how supply influx is cutting into the scale of residential projects, yet rental prices continue to hold steady (only down 1% over past 6 mos). Seems to me construction costs are becoming real the barrier to entry, rather than competition.

rental prices are the last to go, however. Concessions I assume are up, and are the first sign of an over-supplied market. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hmmmm the tower has changed a little. The corner balcony's are different now and the class portion of the tower facing Broadway appears smaller now. Still a nice development though.

This image is from a March post

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 4.00.22 PM.jpg

This image is from the current article. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 4.00.32 PM.jpg

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 4

I like the updated rendering better.    I like the more extensive use of glass on the pedestal curtain wall and the glass patterns on the tower.    The vertical cladding on the pedestal hits a little close to the Hines 222 pedestal, but maybe it won't be nearly as LOUD.     Pink sidewalks are interesting.   

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

I like the updated rendering better.    I like the more extensive use of glass on the pedestal curtain wall and the glass patterns on the tower.    The vertical cladding on the pedestal hits a little close to the Hines 222 pedestal, but maybe it won't be nearly as LOUD.     Pink sidewalks are interesting.   

I actually like the new cladding a bit better than the old.  I don't think there's any way it can be as bad as 222.

• Like 3