Sign in to follow this  
roads-scholar

Upstate Corporate Industrial Park

U-P once had a thread on this topic.  The last reply was in 2007. 

Drove by yesterday and took a look at this park.  Very impressive.  Kudos to Spartanburg and Cherokee Counties (the park straddles the county line) for teaming up on this one.  The big Dollar Tree distribution center dominates the park.  There's plenty of land for expansion but I worry about access to I-85. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Spartan
      There is some exiting news about some bike and ped improvement projects that might actually get built! Council decided to fund $2.3 million worth of projects around downtown that are detailed in the HJ article here. These projects are funded in part by the Broad Street TIF District and will will likely be implemented over the next 2-3 years. A pattern I've noticed is that they are partnering up with a lot of stormwater/drainage repairs as part of many of these projects. Kudos to the City for finding creative ways to combine standard repairs to make them better projects for everyone.

The summary is as follows:

North Church Street Streescape: This project will make the walk from the Marriott to Morgan Square much better. I'm not sure where they will find the room for these improvements without moving the curb into the street.
      -Cost: $546,654 -Add pedestrian-scale lighting (like you see on main street) -Add street trees -Add street furniture (benches, trashcans, planters)  
      Mary Black Rail Trail Extension: Connects the Rail Trail to the heart of downtown and to the Palmetto Trail to the north.
      -Cost $582,460 -Add pedestrian refuge island and crosswalks to Henry St Converse Street Cycle Track: Creates physically separated bike lanes behind on-street parking along the entire length of Converse Street. This might be the first cycle track in South Carolina, and among the first in the South
      Cost: $147,033 Main Street Improvements: Remove the curves on Main Street
      -Cost: $391,786 -Remove chicanes -Replace street trees -Install new lighting Wall Street "Festival Street" : The concept of a 'festival street' is used in many other places, notably another Wall Street in nearby Asheville. Here's a streetview so you can get a sense of the concept... just on a larger scale.
      -Cost $210,375 -add pavers the full length of Wall Street  
      Magnolia Street Sidewalk Improvements: Install new trees in tree wells by removing a few parking spaces
      Cost $158,929  
      Daniel Morgan Ave Road Diet: We've known this one has been in the works for a while. I'm glad it's finally being funded.

-Cost: $190,417 -remove 2 travel lanes -Add Parking -Add bike lanes  
      St John Street Pedestrian Signal: This one would install a pedestrian-activated (HAWK) signal on St John St at Liberty Street. I'm not sure how this one will work, because the HAWK signal concept is intended for mid-block locations usully several hundred feet away from any intersection. But if they can figure out how to do it then it will be a great asset for that area.
      Cost: $75,000