Winter Park & Maitland

prahaboheme

6 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

Dale, why ya leaving?

I moved to Charlotte in 2013. Moved to Cocoa Beach last year, temporarily, to help my wife with her ailing mother.

I've found professional opportunities in Charlotte that were difficult to find in Orlando. Plus, all my wife's peeps are in NC.

But, much as I like Charlotte and NC, I will always be a Florida boy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just drove 17-92 from 414 to Orlando.

Guys, if you haven't been up there in person, check it out.  The photos here will never tell the story.   

I'm humored that Maitland was more outspoken against density than any other SunRail city and man did their worst fears come true.   I'm all for it but man they went all in.    And i don't even mean Raudavage.   Just from 414 to Horacio.   Wow.

14 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Just drove 17-92 from 414 to Orlando.

Guys, if you haven't been up there in person, check it out.  The photos here will never tell the story.   

I'm humored that Maitland was more outspoken against density than any other SunRail city and man did their worst fears come true.   I'm all for it but man they went all in.    And i don't even mean Raudavage.   Just from 414 to Horacio.   Wow.

It is impressive. It already has a completely different feel. I took the drive about two weeks ago and you are totally right of their fears coming true. 

7 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Perhaps @UngaBungalow or @Mark Baratelli could do a driving tour but even with a video camera out of a sunroof, if you are in the area just get over there.  It's something else 

haha i love it but it's out of my 'hoods. I bet we could get the Townie Tourist over there though and do a Facebook Live walking tour. 

Edited by UngaBungalow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Perhaps @UngaBungalow or @Mark Baratelli could do a driving tour but even with a video camera out of a sunroof, if you are in the area just get over there.  It's something else 

Ask and ye shall receive! Here's a dash cam-ish view using a wide angle lense driving both ways. I happened to be in the area! https://www.facebook.com/TheDailyCity/videos/10156155591272388/

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
18 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Rollins' Alfond Inn made #2 on Travel & Leisure's list of best city hotels. Not a bad feat for a relatively new facility. It also shows we're making steady progress in acquiring the amenities great cities should have.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/worlds-best/city-hotels-in-us#archer-hotel-new-york

That's such an important project just because of the dynamics of the neighborhood and how it changes them.  It was supposed to be The Regent originally.  But, that was then.  If they maintain a good occupancy rate, I wouldn't rule out Winter park getting another hotel and then steadily building up that identity as the direct destination- or at least- the desired location of hotel for the actual destination (if its the attractions).  I was told during it's construction that the lot to the east is for future expansion plus garage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

That's such an important project just because of the dynamics of the neighborhood and how it changes them.  It was supposed to be The Regent originally.  But, that was then.  If they maintain a good occupancy rate, I wouldn't rule out Winter park getting another hotel and then steadily building up that identity as the direct destination- or at least- the desired location of hotel for the actual destination (if its the attractions).  I was told during it's construction that the lot to the east is for future expansion plus garage.

I was just speaking with someone about that. Should be happening in the next couple of years, if not sooner. Could involve CFAM moving over too. 

• Like 1