South Carolinas Tallest Tower

gs3

The newest tower to be added to Greenville's skyline will definitely be Greenvilles tallest at 350 feet (The Landmark/BB&T Building is 302 feet). Also just did some checking on Emporis.com, Columbia's tallest tower is 349, meaning the new Greenville tower will take the tallest title in South Carolina by 1 foot. :thumbsup:

Here is the link:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/news/2005/...05082665218.htm

This building is mentioned in the Greenville Developments thread, but seems a building of this size, deserves it's own thread, so we can follow progress.

Greenville's skyline is starting to pop! Go Greenville! :thumbsup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I didn't realize the Landmark was only 302 feet tall. I had thought it was only slightly shorter than the one in Cola. If this is true, then you're absolutely correct; this building will "dominate" the skyline! I really wonder how much difference the slope of the land will make on its appearence from say, I-385 coming into town? :D

I would be easy to find out use the Greenville County GIS System with the topo lines over lapped and check the elevation at each site and see if the difference in height is greater than the difference in elevation.

Actually let me do that right now.

Man, I didn't realize the Landmark was only 302 feet tall.  I had thought it was only slightly shorter than the one in Cola.  If this is true, then you're absolutely correct;  this building will "dominate" the skyline!  I really wonder how much difference the slope of the land will make on its appearence from say, I-385 coming into town? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know the Landmark building is on a high point of land in downtown, but the location for the new building can't be much lower. I would think at 350 vs. 302, this building will definitely rise the highest.

Maybe we are starting to get the skyline that will be seen from I-85! :)

Ok Landmark/ Daniel Building is at about 986'

landmark.jpg

and the New building will be at about 930' before site preperation. Meaning that it will be close, I say within plus or minus 10 feet meaning it could end up being higher.

20stories.jpg

I didn't realize it would be taller that SouthTrust! These are goin gto be some high ceilings for a 20 storey building. ST has 24 or 25 storeys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is why I think the rooftop may have some kind of dramatic structure to compensate for the fewer floors. I don't know how else to explain such a difference in the height/floor ratio. :)

I have one idea. Since it is going to have residential condos... Tall ceilings, like 12 ft plus is big right now in condos, so since there are residential floors that could be adding some of the height.

Which is why I think the rooftop may have some kind of dramatic structure to compensate for the fewer floors.  I don't know how else to explain such a difference in the height/floor ratio. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet it will have a dramatic, lighted roof and spire.....much like the lighting on Liberty Bridge. The name Tower at the Falls, just sounds like it will have drama! :)

Which is why I think the rooftop may have some kind of dramatic structure to compensate for the fewer floors.  I don't know how else to explain such a difference in the height/floor ratio. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope so. Something other than a box would do wonders for Greenville's skyline.

Yeah, imagine how that will look from Liberty Bridge! B)  A lighted top is moving in the direction Greenville must go if it is to gain that truly "signature" tower. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The view from Liberty Bridge is going to be incredible! Falls Park will take on a very urban feel! :D

I want to see renderings....I can't wait.....they can't tempt us like this. :D

The view from Liberty Bridge is going to be incredible!    Falls Park will take on a very urban feel!  :D 

I want to see renderings....I can't wait.....they can't tempt us like this.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are hoping people and businesses will read or hear about it and look into making a move to downtown. How many show interest and how soon are the greatest factors in the release of anymore information. I'm glad to see more developers publicly announcing their projects before they wait for enough tenants to begin construction. This raises awareness of their company and futurre development. :)

You're right, Falls Park is going to become the beautiful inner-city urban park in both look and feel! :D

I read that. It probably is taller at that many floors. In any case, Myrtle Beach always stands a better chance to build highrises because of the high density and the desire to build more rooms right on the Atlaintic Ocean. I'd like to know for sure. :)

There is a buliding in Myrtle Beach that may be the tallest.

Check out this link: Tallest in SC in Myrtle Beach?

Heights were not able to be determined, but there are 28 floors to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe this is the Margate Tower, finished in 2004. If so, Emporis.com shows it's total height at 329 feet.

Myrtle Beach probably will have the states tallest on and off in the future. It's a great tourist mecca and should have the tallest.

For Greenville to be getting this Tower at the Falls at 350, I'll be happy with that for years and years and years! :) Greenville shouldn't overbuild it's downtown......GV has a high, high quality of life that needs to be protected. This new tower enhances that......too many new towers would destroy that.

Archived