South Carolinas Tallest Tower

gs3

How many is too many? I believe that if they can be designed to be unique (highly attractive), then they can have a positive impact on the quality of life in DT. Remember too, that more office, residential, hotel, and retail space means a higher population which should help bring even more of the Greenville greatness to other parts of the city. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many is too many?  I believe that if they can be designed to be unique (highly attractive), then they can have a positive impact on the quality of life in DT.  Remember too, that more office, residential, hotel, and retail space means a higher population which should help bring even more of the Greenville greatness to other parts of the city. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would never want Greenville to look like Atlanta (and I'm sure it won't for YEARS). All the new highrise activity is great don't get me wrong, but one of Greenville's unique qualities is that "European" feel....European cities as rule have density in their centers with midrise buildings, not highrises. I just believe Greenville should monitor closely and continue on the quality, life enriching path that it's on. It should contniue to march to the beat of it's own drum...which it does very well. It's downtown can never forget that it's GREENville....too many highrises and shadows would do away with some of the GREEN. :)

Building on vacant or abandoned lots is what we like. Greenville seems to also be ahead of the curve in regards to the "Green-ization" of its city. There are already many parks around town, and with the announcement of 160 more acres in the West End area, Greenville will continue to serve as a model of successful urban development for decades to come. Lest we also forget, remember how long it has been since we've seen any interest in highrises at all. :)

Building on vacant or abandoned lots is what we like.  Greenville seems to also be ahead of the curve in regards to the "Green-ization" of its city.  There are already many parks around town, and with the announcement of 160 more acres in the West End area, Greenville will continue to serve as a model of successful urban development for decades to come.  Lest we also forget, remember how long it has been since we've seen any interest in highrises at all. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. :)

WYFF News just had a brief blip about the Tower at the Falls. They showed a rendering that was pretty cool. As we all guessed, the top of the building has drama. It stairsteps up in cubical fashion (much like the Suntrust Tower in Atlanta). What I found cool about the rendering, the top floors (probably the top 8 or so) have what looked like balconies, with hanging greenery. I guess the developer is keeping the green in Greenville. :)

The news story said the building would start this fall.

A new South Carolina tallest....too cool. :)

We had dinner out on Augusta Road this evening and drove back through the West End into Downtown.

Signs are up on all sides announcing the new Greenville Bombers Stadium (I really wish they would refer to it as "Ballpark" instead :rolleyes: ).

The West End Market was packed with diners out at the Mellow Mushroom and Smoke on the Water.

Falls Park was crowded. People walking. People biking. People just standing and sitting, consumed with conversation (mostly about the activity downtown, if I had to guess).

The area was absolutely bustling with activity!!!

River Place is coming along nicely. :thumbsup:

We turned down Broad Street and drove down toward my second favorite wine shop, Northampton (the Wine & Cheese Exchange on Woodruff is my favorite...at least until July 15th). I imagined what it would be like with the new buildings at Main & Broad and at Falls and Broad, keeping in mind the rendering of the Tower on Falls that was shown on Channel 4's 6:00PM News this evening. My mind's eye has a great view and the view is awesome!!! B)

We drove on North on Main toward Washington Street (and had to turn because Main was closed off, of course). People everywhere. People out enjoying Downtown Greenville (just like the signs suggest). And...so was I this evening.

I LOVE GREENVILLE!!! :wub:

Can't wait to see how it all turns out with the new developments that have been announced and others still to follow.

We must have all been thinking the same last night. :D After dinner I walked down to Broad and Falls and looked at the site from every angle! Can't wait to see the new tallest!

This is a great time to live in Greenville! :D

Indeed it is! :D I was unfortunate enough not to see the rendering because I was out with friends last evening/night until 2:30. :( If anyone finds it online or somewhere else, sieze it immediately, PLEASE. We need to get a rendering on this site for everyone else too. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't know if you guys have checked the website for the Tower at Falls and Broad lately, but they have added the photos of what the views will be like from the 20th floor. Fantastic views! :thumbsup:

www.thetoweratfallsandbroad.com/views.php

Don't know if you guys have checked the website for the Tower at Falls and Broad lately, but they have added the photos of what the views will be like from the 20th floor.  Fantastic views!  :thumbsup: 

www.thetoweratfallsandbroad.com/views.php

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very nice! I had read where he had hired a helicopter to hover over the site and take photos of the prospective views. It's great to see the results on the web site, finally! Thanks, gsupstate!!! :thumbsup::D B)

• 1 year later...

Archived