Facebook/Microsoft Announce Partnership to Build Massive Data Cable from Spain to Virginia Beach.

vdogg

On 11/10/2022 at 12:44 PM, HRVA said:

Not a mega data center but one of the Corporate Landing projects did come up at the Development Authority meeting last month & I believe they got an update another one within the past few months as well. 
https://www.yesvirginiabeach.com/_assets/Documents/AboutUs/VBDA/2022/vbda-powerpoints-10-22.pdf

My understanding about the mega data centers, and you may know this but they want to be as close to each other as feasible to reduce latency. Apparently the little extra time is extremely valuable. I don’t expect anything significant in my lifetime. The region was dangled a carrot but only got crumbs. Typical. 

Yes, and I agree with ALL. Extremely frustrating. Perhaps if we had more shovel-ready, mega sites close by, we might have landed a couple of those mega data centers. Corporate Landing (CL) is nearly maxed out. Amazon is building on Mrs. Taylor's land which is adjacent to CL.