markhollin

This will be quite the addition to the Skyline in 3 years.

A couple of the overhead drawings have a building as being built over the listening room Cafe and Molloy. Is there a proposal out there for a building to be built there or is that just speculation?

Guess I'm going to be an outlier here, I honestly think this whole design is pretty ugly. Two tall, square boxes with a square box in the middle with a lot of glass. It was an opportunity to do something really different and instead it is just... boring. <returns to lurking>

10 hours ago, kc8501 said:

Guess I'm going to be an outlier here, I honestly think this whole design is pretty ugly. Two tall, square boxes with a square box in the middle with a lot of glass. It was an opportunity to do something really different and instead it is just... boring. <returns to lurking>

Vhat ? You dont lika da boxes ? Are you cvazy ? It's all boxes nowadays. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Second Avenue Partners receive an extension until end of August to buy the the Market Street Apartments property:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/06/24/deal-land-350m-sobro-project-extended/86350002/

Hmmm...starting to sound a bit iffy, just based on those remarks.  Seems if they pay that purchase price, they'll really have to hit one out of the park to get their money back.

12 hours ago, titanhog said:

Hmmm...starting to sound a bit iffy, just based on those remarks.  Seems if they pay that purchase price, they'll really have to hit one out of the park to get their money back.

That's a ton of capital to be had as well, so it's probably taking longer to execute than normal.

This is top tier city pricing right here for this project.

• Like 1

^I wish they could find a way to build atop the apartments instead rather than demolishing a nice brick structure that addresses the street well.

I'm not crazy about the structure itself. It doesn't have any street activation. Looks like a cheap old brick apartment building to me.

57 minutes ago, NoChesterHester said:

I'm not crazy about the structure itself. It doesn't have any street activation. Looks like a cheap old brick apartment building to me.

I wouldn't call a brick structure that's 100+ years old "cheap", but that's me. 

It lacks street activation because it was once a warehouse, is now residential and lacks ground floor retail space. Neither of those uses warrant street level activation for their overall success. 

Someone should stipulate that the existing brick be salvaged and incorporated into the new construction. 

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Legal fight over .12 acre sliver on the site will slow down this development:

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20830999/massive-sobro-project-faces-legal-concerns

I wonder how much their little sliver is worth if the development just builds around it?  From google it looks like they can still connect to the bridge without this lot, if I'm reading it right.  This must be the 20 spaces facing 2nd.  I hate to see this development held up.

• Like 1