markhollin

20 hours ago, markhollin said:

Adam Sichko is saying this single tower will be 550 feet, eclipsing 505 CST.

By my calculations, the actual residential floors would have to have about a 13.3' floor to floor height. Isn't that unusual? I know it's a 'luxury' condo, and probably requires more head space, but that still seems like a lot.

6 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

By my calculations, the actual residential floors would have to have about a 13.3' floor to floor height. Isn't that unusual? I know it's a 'luxury' condo, and probably requires more head space, but that still seems like a lot.

First two or three floors plus top 1-2 will be much higher than rest of building bringing that average down probably closer to 11?

• Like 1

I find it fascinating that people are surprised at what Second Ave. Partners are building. They put out their announcement with the rendering a year and a half ago. This is the same design that everyone couldn't wait to get started 18 months ago and are now having conniptions to have it destroyed. The same thing happened with 505 and all of the other buildings for that matter. 

Edited by Ingram
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ingram said:

I find it fascinating that people are surprised at what Second Ave. Partners are building. They put out their announcement with the rendering a year and a half ago. This is the same design that everyone couldn't wait to get started 18 months ago and are now having conniptions to have it destroyed. The same thing happened with 505 and all of the other buildings for that matter. 

Destroyed?  I don't see anyone wanting it destroyed.  And...this is a different design (of course, only one tower)...taller and slightly changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram said:

The updated rendering is much different from the original from last year. People are irritated about the new rendering. I’m fine with it, I think they could add something to the top of the base to make it a little more interesting. A glass pyramid or something, so it didn’t look as much like an L. That 90 degree angle just screams to be noticed in the renderings. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 6:55 AM, markhollin said:

From Nashville Post:

Judge to hear dispute involving two-tower project eyed for SoBro

A local judge has set a Jan. 16, 2018, start date for a trial that could impact a two-tower $350 million project in SoBro, Nashville Business Journal reports.

Second Avenue Partners LLC had been under contract to pay $4.17 million for a 0.14-acre parking lot owned by Atlanta-based Belle Meade Investments and that is a small, but key, portion of the overall footprint eyed for the mixed-use project.  The parking lot has an address of 134 Second Ave. South. 

SAP still has a contract to buy from locally based real estate investor Jack May the remainder of the city block home to Market Street Apartments.

The project would feature two high-rises (the tallest rising more than 450 feet), with one tower to offer 142 condominiums and the other to offer 265 apartments. The towers would sit atop a horizontal building likely to offer a high-end hotel.

In light of the change in design, any updates on this court case?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

The question is, how many time’s does the project get scaled back in terms of design?

Who knows if it will or won't. 

How many times did Bridgestone, Sobro, and 505 get scaled back?

Edited by Ingram

1 hour ago, wreynol4 said:

The question is, how many time’s does the project get scaled back in terms of design?

Well...it seems it's already happened twice.  First it went down to just one tower...and now they're taking away that strip of land, which I guess means none of that cool stuff happening under the Siegenthaler Bridge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^I can't believe that company messed up and didn't sell them that land.  Would have been a cool added piece to the design...but now I can't imagine them being able to sell that land for anything close to what SAP was going to pay.

Btw...if this gets built, I'm just going to start calling SoBro "New Downtown"...and call the CBD "Old Downtown". :D

Yeah I can’t imagine that company getting much for that land now. Is it big enough for anything substantial?

Haha I was thinking the same thing, about how we’re getting a downtown (Sobro) and an uptown (CBD). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Was someone just asking too much for the strip of land?

It's a long, drawn out story, that many of us believe has a lot to do with a current occupant of the Pinnacle Building who didn't want their views of the river obstructed by SAP's 2-tower design.  Anyway...SAP had a contract on all of the land, including the sliver, but the sliver owner said they had missed some kind of deadline and decided they would no longer sell to SAP (this was right after the Pinnacle occupant made a public fuss about the design).  SAP went back to the city for approval of a design without the sliver and were approved...but still tried for 2 years to buy the sliver, going as far as taking it to court earlier this year (which I never heard what the outcome was).

In the end, it looks like the Sliver owner got their way...and SAP will build without it.

• Like 2