markhollin

3 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I’m assuming you don’t mean Q1 of FY 2019? (Not a financial whiz but aren’t we in that Q right now?). Although I’d be happy to the point of dancing if it started in the next month. 

We're in 2018 Q3 (Jul-Sep) for a calendar year.  If we were speaking of Metro's fiscal year then, yes, we would be in Q1 of the 2019 fiscal year.

2 hours ago, urbanplanet17 said:

I'm sure if they can land a high profile tenant like the Four Seasons, financing shouldn't be a problem and groundbreaking would happen relatively qiuickly.

I think this also has ultra high end condos so they may also be OK to slow play a little bit to hit the right cycle. Probably drooling over being ready for when Alliance Bernstein is here in full.

• Like 1

Newer Four Seasons Towers tend to have high condos, yes. The towers are anchored by a luxury hotel, and then have high end condos above.  For example, here is a basic diagram for the one they are building in Boston right now. (Boston is now one of the few cities that can claim a residential tower managed by the Four Seasons, along with New York, Shanghai, and London.)  The tower has a 215 room hotel and 160 private residences. Average asking price for the residences is expected around 6 million and a penthouse that has already reportedly been sold for 40 million to the founder of Dell Computers

OneDaltonTowerDiagram.thumb.jpg.1dcaa9163262a14f952ef4efc16debb6.jpg&key=10d33b4ed5c0543c453cbbcd6512e2b57c69d93067ffbd0cc569caec1fae55a9

**For the height crowd, the tower's highest occupied floor sits at 691', total tower height expected to be around 710'-720'**

Do you think this means that the height of the 2nd Ave. project could possibly increase, since it has a smaller footprint?

1 hour ago, dReAmWiELdEr said:

Do you think this means that the height of the 2nd Ave. project could possibly increase, since it has a smaller footprint?

I tend to doubt it. From everything I have learned from Nashville, if anything it will get shorter. Depending on how parking works out (because the city loves to subsidize parking) My hope is that it stays tall enough to maintain the hotel AND residence portions

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

The height is already set. If they go higher they would have to get approval and its a little late in the process to do that. Don't speak evil about a project getting shorter. If you say it then it will happen in this city.

rI7UyMh.jpg&key=9569427b15d01a5b002a5610

• Like 1
  • Haha 1