Jump to content


markhollin

Recommended Posts


15 hours ago, Dale said:

I'm beginning to think that damn near everything's going to get built.

 

Nashville is premium real estate so unless it's really financially unfeasible, most developers will not abandon their developments.

The only non-tourist developments that have been cancelled as far as I can remember are: The Crescendo, The Crescent, and The Buckingham.

The tourism announcements should be taken with a grain of salt since none of them come to fruition.

The Skyspire and Polarcoaster towers.

The Disney resort tower.

The House of Blues tower.

The August Moon dome.

The resort in South Nashville.

 

Edited by Ingram
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Ingram said:

 

The tourism announcements should be taken with a grain of salt since none of them come to fruition.

The resort in South Nashville.

 

The Brian Paul Hotel/Resort is still happening. I just spoke with some of those guys a couple weeks ago. Fender just signed on as a sponsor to supply guitars to all of their writing rooms and recording studios. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Buckingham project has not officially been cancelled. they still own the land ad this one could be resurrected quickly IMO. Polar Coaster not officially dead and neither is August Moon. The later is moving forward at a snails pace. There is also the indoor skydiving place proposed off of Jefferson too.

The HGI project is actually the HRI group out of NOLA and I think it is 24 as I thought is was 20. read here. https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21024679/tower-eyed-for-downtown-church-parking-lot

Unsure how many floors the Brian Paul will be.

3 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

All this growth is happening because I moved here. I left New York to get away from it and now it has followed me here.  I guess I got that good good. 

Waiting on those high end NY stores to follow you here then, FromParkAveToTN.

There are about 8 of those on the list that are 10 floors or higher that may be in doubt. The rest may be in decent shape now.

It looks as if I missed the 11 story TownePlace Suites on Charlotte as well, to break ground the 1st quarter of 2019.

So you can add two more to the list above.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Jarno said:

Is this project still a go for first quarter (hopefully January) or is it in danger of being delayed?  Also, I am assuming the Main Street apartments will have to go.  Are they being vacated yet?

All indicators are that it is still moving forward beginning of next year.

Welcome to the forum,  Jarno!  : )

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jarno said:

Is this project still a go for first quarter (hopefully January) or is it in danger of being delayed?  Also, I am assuming the Main Street apartments will have to go.  Are they being vacated yet?

Welcome to the forum, Jarno!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I keep seeing housekeeping permits and the like showing up in the permits applied for. These permits normally do not show up in the regular daily issued permits. A lot of these have to do with utilities, sewer water and the like. I saw a lot of short term rentals permits issued a while back so they would not have to break a bunch of lease when they do decide to bring the building down. These are also the Market Street Apartments. 

They have said they are planning on a 2019 start. As far as I know that is still the case.

 

Welcome to the forum Jarno!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I keep seeing housekeeping permits and the like showing up in the permits applied for. These permits normally do not show up in the regular daily issued permits. A lot of these have to do with utilities, sewer water and the like. I saw a lot of short term rentals permits issued a while back so they would not have to break a bunch of lease when they do decide to bring the building down. These are also the Market Street Apartments. 

They have said they are planning on a 2019 start. As far as I know that is still the case.

 

Welcome to the forum Jarno!

I remember a factoid buried in one of the Nashville Post's articles about the project being permitted to build out space in the 222 building. Certainly they could do that and then abandon, but that certainly seemed like a confident move assuming it moved forward ( if they are getting permitting I assume they've signed a lease there of some sort).

Edited by DDIG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.