markhollin

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Getting about ten feet of depth around the footings for pillars on south end of the site.

Looking north from near intersection of Demonbreun and 2nd Ave. South:

Four Seasons, Sept 14, 2019, 2.jpg

Could someone explain what this process is?  They've dug to bedrock and poured pilings.  Now they're digging around them to do something.  Thank you in advance for your detailed explanation.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Could someone explain what this process is?  They've dug to bedrock and poured pilings.  Now they're digging around them to do something.  Thank you in advance for your detailed explanation.

Lawful Evil: taken in conjunction with the previous one that was dug out, there is a problem with the foundation that necessitates a re-do.

Neutral Good: there's a design change to add 30 stories.

Chaotic Neutral: they decided they want a below-ground parking garage.

I'll let the gallery decide which one they want to go with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

At the Centric site, they dug down around the pilings, placed rebar, and then poured concrete. I imagine they will do similar here. 

Dug down first: F73B45A7-65D6-4545-97F2-EBB2AD884E8E.thumb.jpeg.288a416b4b17fe07dacadf1dbaa28b28.jpeg

Concrete/rebar after: 

8296CA1D-9D31-44A7-A619-DE22D3589162.thumb.jpeg.ddee844aed3ba6d2f6bade62367d12ca.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

Lawful Evil: taken in conjunction with the previous one that was dug out, there is a problem with the foundation that necessitates a re-do.

Neutral Good: there's a design change to add 30 stories.

Chaotic Neutral: they decided they want a below-ground parking garage.

I'll let the gallery decide which one they want to go with.

I'll take Neutral Good for 30, please, Alex.

• Like 4