markhollin

Such an effort just to put up a crane!  The photos of early stages of construction make me wonder how the placement of cranes is determined. I assume much is dictated by the reach of the boom, but are cranes usually placed in the utility/elevator shafts?  I realize the crane at Centric and even one or two at 5+Broad are beside the building.  Bracing now for the answer which I expect will make me feel really stupid. So thanks in advance. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Such an effort just to put up a crane!  The photos of early stages of construction make me wonder how the placement of cranes is determined. I assume much is dictated by the reach of the boom, but are cranes usually placed in the utility/elevator shafts?  I realize the crane at Centric and even one or two at 5+Broad are beside the building.  Bracing now for the answer which I expect will make me feel really stupid. So thanks in advance. 

My understanding is that they try to locate the crane in a non critical area that can easily be filled in with a simple floor slab when the crane is removed. In these cases, I'm guessing that one is located in the garage portion the other in what may be a guestroom.

• Like 2