markhollin

49 minutes ago, DDIG said:

That land was not necessary for the two tower design. They submitted plans for the two tower design that didn't include the small parking lot.

If you go back to the initial design of the site (page 1) it looks like the lot was included, initially. Rumor had it that someone did use the lot ownership to try kill the first plans. 

48 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

Speaking of blocked-off sidewalks...

Seriously, didn't we pass some requirement a few years ago that was supposed to require sidewalks to remain open? What's the deal?

I think someone in the city government thinks it’s their job to process sidewalk closure request forms instead of actually analyzing and approving /denying sidewalk closure requests. 

I spent a week in NYC and there wasn’t a single time I had to detour for construction. Builders know how to keep them open and protected. They just don’t care and neither does our local government. 

• Like 4

It should. Depends on the complexity of the project. This one should be reinforced concrete for the parking garage though. You can the steel wire in the shape of columns around the project which means concrete. We could see steel higher up but that one steel column is most likely one of a few for the lobby.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

With 505 completed, this tower is the only 40+ story tower in the state under construction. 

I wonder what else in the pipeline might break the 40 story barrier? 

It would be nice when 4 Seasons wraps up to hand the baton to the next 40+ project. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, rolly said:

With 505 completed, this tower is the only 40+ story tower in the state under construction. 

I wonder what else in the pipeline might break the 40 story barrier? 

It would be nice when 4 Seasons wraps up to hand the baton to the next 40+ project. 

Hopeful the tall tower at Nash Yards is going to be 40+...but with Amazon as a possible tenant, don't count on it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^Does anyone know if they're building this in such a way as to be able to go back and add the 2nd tower one day if they desire?

In looking at the plans, I’m guessing no. They’d have left space for a future core for elevators and such that would serve a future tower. The pool also looks to be located where a tower would go. 

• Like 1