markhollin

Does anyone else find it odd that they are using that parking lot to stage construction supplies?  Like, I thought the whole point of not selling that lot was because the owner hated the developers.  Why would he cooperate and lease the lot to them?  Anybody think the city was involved in this development?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Armacing said:

Does anyone else find it odd that they are using that parking lot to stage construction supplies?  Like, I thought the whole point of not selling that lot was because the owner hated the developers.  Why would he cooperate and lease the lot to them?  Anybody think the city was involved in this development?

I don't think he hates them, he just gambled to make more money on the sale and lost. At the end of the day money talks. If they are paying him more money than he's normally making on the surface lot, it ain't gonna matter. The guy is in ATL anyway from what I can remember.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Armacing said:

I think it will actually end up being the most prominent building in the skyline because of the unobstructed sight lines across the river.  From several viewing angles frequented by tourists it might be difficult to discern that the 505 is actually taller.

505 (522 ft) is slightly shorter than 4 Seasons (542 ft)

• Like 1

I was on the 22nd floor of the SunTrust Center (now Fifth Third) in 1998 when the tornado rolled through.  Pretty exciting but no real worries.  But I am not sure I would want to be near the top of Four Seasons when a twister like the one that hit last night comes calling.   I suppose they design these buildings to stand up to tornadoes, but the tall skinnies still seem more vulnerable.  Below is a screen shot of the Tennessee Archives site, from the construction cam,  at the time the tornado hit.

IMG_3288.thumb.jpg.f68be9a41f5a3cade7b4456b9870a65c.jpg

• Like 4