markhollin

11 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

From the online NBJ today:  https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/06/23/four-seasons-nashville-condo-sales-aecom-downtown.html

In an announcement made first to the Business Journal, the Four Seasons development team revealed that buyers have signed contracts worth almost $80 million combined, snagging all of the units initially made available for purchase. The contract prices range from $800,000 to $5 million.

Are we so sure it's not just Kristin Cavallari didn't just put $80MM down as part of her dispute with Jay Cutler? JK

• Haha 3

It’s also interesting when looking at the rate of sales for the Four Seasons versus 505. Height-wise they are very similar, but the Stay Alfred deal in 505 may have doomed the condos from a quick sellout perspective.  The takeaway may be to go more high end for these condos, which is somewhat unfortunate. However, that may be the economic reality. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hey_Hey said:

It’s also interesting when looking at the rate of sales for the Four Seasons versus 505. Height-wise they are very similar, but the Stay Alfred deal in 505 may have doomed the condos from a quick sellout perspective.  The takeaway may be to go more high end for these condos, which is somewhat unfortunate. However, that may be the economic reality. 

You are probably on to something. I'm no expert on fine living but some of the complaints I heard from people about 505 were that the finishes were not quite up-to-snuff for the price. So truly discerning luxury buyers weren't crazy about that. And you are right, sharing with Airbnb probably didn't help. Last I looked at the website there we still a fair amount of for sale inventory left. I also imagine in Nashville, with some industries like music that have a fair amount of Ego, saying, "I live at the Four Seasons" will play really well - so that's an edge.

Edited by DDIG
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, downtownresident said:

We toured it when it first opened, and weren’t thrilled with the finishes or layouts. The doors especially felt cheap for the price they were asking. Sharing a garage with public parking, and amenities with apartments/short term rentals were two more strikes, especially the short term rentals. Most other condo buildings downtown ban short term rentals for a reason. 

So which layout did you go with at the Four Seasons?  :tw_glasses:

On 6/23/2020 at 8:02 PM, downtownresident said:

We toured it when it first opened, and weren’t thrilled with the finishes or layouts. The doors especially felt cheap for the price they were asking. Sharing a garage with public parking, and amenities with apartments/short term rentals were two more strikes, especially the short term rentals. Most other condo buildings downtown ban short term rentals for a reason. 

I enjoyed quite a few cups of complimentary coffee in the lounge, until the point when staff members were giving me the look.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Anyone good at numbers?  So would buying the penthouse for about that amount... finishing it out at (let's say) another $3M.... so being IN for $28M... and then putting it up for STR: how could anyone make those numbers work for them? 

Rent it out for $35k each weekend to make a 6% annual return. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Anyone good at numbers?  So would buying the penthouse for about that amount... finishing it out at (let's say) another $3M.... so being IN for $28M... and then putting it up for STR: how could anyone make those numbers work for them? 

Three million to build out like 10,000 SF? I'm thinking more like another $10. When you have $25 mil you aren't going budget on the finishes.

Edited by DDIG

LOL... I don't know what it takes to build out anything on that level. We bought our suburban house nine years ago for just under $500K... and I'll admit the finishes aren't what I expected even at that price point. But very glad it will be paid off in 5 years! Needless to say, I'm not looking at the penthouse at Four Seasons.